Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-15-2017, 12:24 PM   #451
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

No doubt delays are part of the game, and they always have been. The difference between Tweeterhead and the numerous other companies I deal with [SS, Weta, Chronicle, etc....] is that none of them bill me until the item is ready to ship.

I got a notice concerning my most recent Tweeterhead pre-order [classic Joker maquette] on April 26th stating it would be shipping in a few weeks and that final payment was required......it arrived earlier this month or 3+ months after I made the final payment. Now I'm not sure in which universe that constitutes paying 1/2 right before delivery, but it certainly isn't the one I live in. Like I said, it is what it is and I'm not losing any sleep over it, but this has happened to me on numerous occasions and it is frustrating.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 04:52 PM   #452
floreairfoot
Sinister Six

Shipping soon...

floreairfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:23 PM   #453
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

WOO HOO!!!!!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 12:26 AM   #454
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Got this email from Sideshow a bit ago. Delayed again.

"We wanted to let you know that the shipment of your Catwoman Ruby Edition Variant Maquette item will be delayed. Based on the latest production information, we now expect your item to arrive into our warehouse in Nov 2017.

We apologize that this date has been modified but we look forward to shipping out this item to you when it arrives."
Old 09-30-2017, 11:02 AM   #455
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Got this email from Sideshow a bit ago. Delayed again.

"We wanted to let you know that the shipment of your Catwoman Ruby Edition Variant Maquette item will be delayed. Based on the latest production information, we now expect your item to arrive into our warehouse in Nov 2017.

We apologize that this date has been modified but we look forward to shipping out this item to you when it arrives."
Even though I cancelled mine I got an email from Tweeterhead that final payment was due. Usually means it's 4 to 6 weeks out.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:45 PM   #456
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Honestly, I think its pretty lame that they are now coming out with a "Ruby" edition. IMO, this is no different than Aspen reprinting a limited edition print by just changing a few colors. In fact, this is even worse as the only difference is the color of the jewel. Extremely disappointing to see companies that make limited editions make these kinds of moves. Extremely disappointing!! Companies these days just don't respect "limited editions" like they used too.

So basically my "Diamond" edition will be worth even less now thanks to this move. Thanks Tweeterhead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
True, I honestly cannot remember off the top of my head getting anything at the time it was originally announced to be shipped. Either by DC, Tweeterhead, Sideshow or several others. I pretty much expect any statue I buy to be delayed at least once.
Sideshow's Huntress. In fact, she had an early processing option.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:44 PM   #457
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Honestly, I think its pretty lame that they are now coming out with a "Ruby" edition. IMO, this is no different than Aspen reprinting a limited edition print by just changing a few colors. In fact, this is even worse as the only difference is the color of the jewel. Extremely disappointing to see companies that make limited editions make these kinds of moves. Extremely disappointing!! Companies these days just don't respect "limited editions" like they used too.

So basically my "Diamond" edition will be worth even less now thanks to this move. Thanks Tweeterhead!.
Actually, the Cat is black vs gold in the first edition.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:33 AM   #458
floreairfoot
Sinister Six

I prefer the black cat, so I'm VERY glad they did the variant!
floreairfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:36 AM   #459
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Sideshow's Huntress. In fact, she had an early processing option.
Very true, but that happened a month after my statement. LOL So I now have one that I preordered that came out on time or early.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:39 AM   #460
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floreairfoot View Post
I prefer the black cat, so I'm VERY glad they did the variant!
I like the black cat as well. I think the gold accents look better than the solid color.