Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 07-20-2017, 11:57 PM   #21
Gruson
Suicide Squad

I like the pose and piece overall but the base is ridiculous. Face seems a bit thin but I like itl. I'll order depending on price
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:13 AM   #22
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

I'm curious if the same people who say this looks off and doesn't look like Englund if they think the Sideshow version is better
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 05:32 AM   #23
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I dont get people who say the base is to big, the base is what makes this piece outstanding, my guess is the face will be tweaked anyway so no problem there. But I am not big enough fan for this
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:28 AM   #24
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
I'm curious if the same people who say this looks off and doesn't look like Englund if they think the Sideshow version is better
I think the ECC bust looks more like him, but not this guy.

I also never entertained the though of purchasing the SS version.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 01:05 PM   #25
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Likeness is a matter, the pose is good, the base is a bit distracting, its size makes Jason himself a "supporting" actor here, with the base having the "leading" role. Its rather obvious.

Nevertheless, i will SURELY buy this to put it next to my Freddy LSB. I want to complete my collection of Freddy and Jason, so its a must have for me.
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:29 PM   #26
Darth Milo
Hydra

Love the base and pose, but the head needs some tweaking..
This will look great next to the 1:1 bust..
Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 03:44 PM   #27
zadmax
A day without sunshine is like... night.

To me it almost looks like he is smiling, and not in a scary or threatening way, but just smiling. Almost like he sees a buddy of his off in the distance and is giving him a quick wave. (And I don't see enough Robert Englund in that sculpt either, especially in the profile pics)
zadmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 03:10 AM   #28
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Just looking at the base and I see there's an incinerator door on the front of it, this being ecc i'm just wondering if it will open up to reveal something?
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 03:31 AM   #29
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Overall i love this...Bust was spot on likeness wise with a few tweaks to the head this will be perfect
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:02 PM   #30
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Face is an issue, but Steve will probably make some changes. He even listened to virtually ALL of our remarks regarding Jason 1/3 (Jason's build, his musculature, his clothes etc and with the head and mask being also reworked). He will probably improve the head sculpt of Freddy.

Another CLEVER tactic from Steve is that he REDUCED the amount of product he releases. A rather SMART move. ECC's product is @ the top of the food chain and her prices are over the top. Paying 2k or 2.2k for new products every month is not going to work and ECC could not find many collectors with the ability to keep up with a fast rate of new POs. ECC would lose TONS of money. Steve probably acknowledged this and REDUCED the stuff he releases in order to let his customers take a breath between preorders.

12 products per year for a company with ECC's prices is not going to work.

6-7 new releases per year (or 1 new PO every 2 months) is PERFECT for ECC's business model and high prices.

Smart move again from Steve. Intentionally or not, THIS is the right path for ECC. Not to canibalize its market by churning out an overload of new product.
forps is offline   Reply With Quote