Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 08-06-2010, 09:49 AM   #101
shinlyle
Frackin!

I've GOT to figure out a way to get my daughter's "Death of the Stacys" Hardcover into the hands of John Romita Sr so I can get a Gwen headsketch for her! ARGH! Why can't I stumble across a few thousand dollars somewhere for this trip?!?!
shinlyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:10 AM   #102
Titan1977
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I was hoping to go to Mid-Ohio this year, but I am having a hard time convincing my wife, since it falls on our anniversary weekend.. So I have a friend picking some stuff up for me in NYCC. The guest list is incredible. I have contacted half a dozen artists so far, with a positive response from 1, and a not so positive from a 2nd...
Titan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #103
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan1977 View Post
I was hoping to go to Mid-Ohio this year, but I am having a hard time convincing my wife, since it falls on our anniversary weekend.. So I have a friend picking some stuff up for me in NYCC. The guest list is incredible. I have contacted half a dozen artists so far, with a positive response from 1, and a not so positive from a 2nd...
was the not so positive a No or some sort of rant -- just asking because your post was vague
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:40 PM   #104
Titan1977
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Well I explained that I had a friend going and asked about getting on the list preshow, because of limited funds and I didn't want to cause my friend too much inconvenience. The artist's Rep said they couldn't do that because it wouldn't be fair, but he appreciated and understood my circumstances. He then offered me an option for an at home commission, which was more than I was anticipating. Still,nice to know the option is there. He was nice about it though.

I am posting this from my phone so please pardon any bad grammar or spelling.
Titan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:46 PM   #105
Tattoo-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan1977 View Post
It's my understanding that many of my Facebook messages never made it through. And I had trouble sending a few. Haven't received too many responses there or by email.