Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 04-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #21
pinupstatue
Frackin!

Thanks for the pics and do you know if any of these guys take commission?

Love some of your finds there. Very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I recently got these from comiconart.com

David Lima

Novo Malgapo

pinupstatue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #22
pinupstatue
Frackin!

Disregard my questions nbr3.
Just check out the website and will contact some of the artis.

Thanks again everyone
pinupstatue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:31 PM   #23
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batfan View Post
ok this is just me but I don't get pieces like this they whole sexual innuendo thing, I mean aren't BC and GA married or something also to me doing comic characters in poses like this or sexual stuff just irks me. Sorry but I think of superhero are for kids (even thou I am a 41 year old kid) I don't think they should be portrayed like this to me comics were created for kids (even thou kids no longer read them) and that's how I view the characters. other than a sexual reason what is the purpose of a piece like this..
Isn't Adam Hughes all about sexual innuendo? Seems to me he is.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:40 PM   #24
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
ok this is just me but I don't get pieces like this they whole sexual innuendo thing, I mean aren't BC and GA married or something also to me doing comic characters in poses like this or sexual stuff just irks me. Sorry but I think of superhero are for kids (even thou I am a 41 year old kid) I don't think they should be portrayed like this to me comics were created for kids (even thou kids no longer read them) and that's how I view the characters. other than a sexual reason what is the purpose of a piece like this..

If comics were solely based for kids, I don't think half the female characters would be as dispropotionatly endowed as they are. Nor would they be running around in certain costumes.

Does anybody think Emma Frost's, Black Canary's or Zatanna's outfits are kid friendly? *L*
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #25
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
If comics were solely based for kids, I don't think half the female characters would be as dispropotionatly endowed as they are. Nor would they be running around in certain costumes.

Does anybody think Emma Frost's, Black Canary's or Zatanna's outfits are kid friendly? *L*
Not to mention the topics of spousal abuse, genocide, rape, and murder.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #26
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:

Quote:
Not to mention the topics of spousal abuse, genocide, rape, and murder.
all of these are reasons I stopped reading modern comics.
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #27
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Hell, even silver and golden age had those types os stories-- and costumes.

Golden Age Catwoman has a smokin hot costume (that I LOVE) but it's not kid appropriate.

Being a woman it might be viewed differently, but I always thought they would be killer halloween costumes. And looking back on it now, my fave 80s character She-Ra dressed like a hooker with a sword.

Nothing is really kid friendly, it's all for the adults who have to deal with it for their children.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:32 AM   #28
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Ed Benes is repped on that site as well. He doesn't take commissions, but his stuff randomly pops up.
Check the comiconart site from time to time because Ed Benes does have a commission list. I believe it's full now. The last time it opened was a year or so ago.

Also, when you mean pinup do you mean classic stuff? Or just hot girl artwork? Because there is a difference to me. Adam Hughes is pretty much a modern pinup artist/illustrator who does comic art as well. His work references that classic style.

There is a topic on the other forum that I check a lot for classic/modern pinup artwork. That's probably a good source for artists. PM me if you want the info.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:04 AM   #29
Royd
Producer
Producer

Well Keith, you'd be mistaken in thinking that Adam's all about sexual innuendo Adam certainly injects adult humour into some of his con sketches but they make up a small percentage of his overall work.

Why not look through his published WW, Catwoman, Zatanna covers and other work via these galleries and then tell me whether it's all about sexual innuendo -
http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gal...php?cat_id=116

Of course some of it is titillating but that's what pin-up art is all about and Adam is following in the footsteps of earlier great pin-up artists such as Gil Elvgren (one of Adam's favourite artists), George Petty, Alberto Vargas, Earl Moran etc.

It's interesting to note when you talk to many respected artists as to whom they consider leading artists in the field today and they consistently list Adam's name amongst the top. They admire and respect his artistic talent, innovative design work and colouring techniques amongst other attributes.

Quote:
Isn't Adam Hughes all about sexual innuendo? Seems to me he is.
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:59 PM   #30
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
LOL. I posted the wrong piece. This is the one I actually got.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT