Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
stratola
Doh!

Galactus!! Awesome! But can't find Silver Surfer spot

He arrived!!!!

I can't figure out where the slot is to hang Silver Surfer off his arm, but HE LOOKS AMAZING!

stratola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #2
wanderlai
The Tick

Congrats! Mine comes 9/11.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
Shadowfax
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratola View Post
He arrived!!!!

I can't figure out where the slot is to hang Silver Surfer off his arm, but HE LOOKS AMAZING!

Took me a little while to find it as well...look for a small square silver area on the forearm area of his right hand...it is removeable....once off, it reveals a slot to attach SS or Nova
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
XMAN
Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratola View Post
He arrived!!!!

nice pic ...congrats...
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
Darth_Ryan
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Now that's a stunning Galactus statue! Wow!
Darth_Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #6
stellaspeed
Kindly Asked To Leave

If I may ask is this guy heavy or is he like the hulk maquette. Because I own a hulk and I do wish he was heavier so is galactic the same?
stellaspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #7
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellaspeed View Post
If I may ask is this guy heavy or is he like the hulk maquette. Because I own a hulk and I do wish he was heavier so is galactic the same?
i'll never understand the fascination with heavy statues. Unless it arrives busted, what difference does the weight make? Put it on a shelf and leave it alone. No one looks at a piece and says "boy that Galactus sure is nice, if only he weighed another 5 pounds he'd be perfect!"

and Hulk maquette was plenty heavy. I don't miss the days of 35lbs+ 1/4 statues
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #8
stellaspeed
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
i'll never understand the fascination with heavy statues. Unless it arrives busted, what difference does the weight make? Put it on a shelf and leave it alone. No one looks at a piece and says "boy that Galactus sure is nice, if only he weighed another 5 pounds he'd be perfect!"

and Hulk maquette was plenty heavy. I don't miss the days of 35lbs+ 1/4 statues
I know were your coming from but it's this for 800.00+ shipping I would like it to be heavy or solid. Because over all if I move I would this like the peace at mind to know pack it up good and I am set. Like my grey hulk comiquette I know he's not goin to brake on me and I love knowing that.
stellaspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #9
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellaspeed View Post
I know were your coming from but it's this for 800.00+ shipping I would like it to be heavy or solid. Because over all if I move I would this like the peace at mind to know pack it up good and I am set. Like my grey hulk comiquette I know he's not goin to brake on me and I love knowing that.
I agree. I’ll never understand people not caring that their statues are now light as a feather. The money you’re paying for these things, when you pick it up it should feel like you’ve picked up something feeling solid. It’s pretty much like when you buy a bronze statue. You wouldn’t want to have some super hollow bronze piece. Well with a regular statue IMO it’s a bit the same. If these companies are gonna start skimping on materials and quality then they shouldn’t be raising prices. It’s ridiculous.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #10
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I agree. I’ll never understand people not caring that their statues are now light as a feather. The money you’re paying for these things, when you pick it up it should feel like you’ve picked up something feeling solid. It’s pretty much like when you buy a bronze statue. You wouldn’t want to have some super hollow bronze piece. Well with a regular statue IMO it’s a bit the same. If these companies are gonna start skimping on materials and quality then they shouldn’t be raising prices. It’s ridiculous.
I'd normally agree with this unless he's made from fiberglass. As far as I know, fiberglass (like the Rhino) is stronger yet lighter than resin.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote