Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 12:53 PM   #1
Agoniste
U talkin' to me?

INCREASED RATES FOR CANADIAN COLLECTORS ( DUTIES )

Bad News,
I just received this email:

To our Canadian Collectors –

A recent change by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has updated how our Polystone figures are being classified (now as 3926.40.0000). This will unfortunately result in a 6.5% import duty. We understand that this can be a cause for concern and wanted to be proactive about letting you know what to expect when taking delivery of your collectible. We assure you that the fees being assessed are not our own.

As a reminder – because you are a valued Canadian Collector, Sideshow deeply discounts the shipping rates from the carrier before quoting all Canadian shipments. We also provide a $25 loyalty code after each eligible purchase in addition to 5% back in rewards points redeemable on future purchases. We hope that these unique benefits will assist you in growing your collection while offsetting a portion of your duties and taxes.

As always, we appreciate your continued support.

Best,

The Sideshow Team
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	39
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	100786  
Old 01-05-2017, 12:59 PM   #2
Pendragon3000
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Me too, it sucks.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:04 PM   #3
SuperDinoHunter
Hellboy

Oh no! That's a bummer! Not the greatest news for us Canadian collectors!!!
Old 01-05-2017, 01:08 PM   #4
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

What was the rate before?
Old 01-05-2017, 01:13 PM   #5
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Total f^&ing over from the government. We pay more again and again and again. I think this just about ends my statue collecting. Tax and duty now account for 20% of the cost of a statue. Plus the exchange rate. And you just KNOW they'll charge you on the CDN dollar price they calculate. A $500US statue will now cost $800CDN.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:16 PM   #6
Agoniste
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post
Total f^&ing over from the government. We pay more again and again and again. I think this just about ends my statue collecting. Tax and duty now account for 20% of the cost of a statue. Plus the exchange rate. And you just KNOW they'll charge you on the CDN dollar price they calculate. A $500US statue will now cost $800CDN.
This is really hurting the game now... I guess for Canadians collecting statues will be a niche thing by now.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:17 PM   #7
Shadowfax
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post
yup, i'm done

will pay off my GL Ex
the only other statue i'll buy now is a Flash to finish my JL lineup...and i'll attempt to buy that thru local connections

everything else is cancelled...i refuse to pay these prices
Old 01-05-2017, 01:24 PM   #8
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Haha just keep piling it on. I'm so sick of this ----. Our dollar sucks and we pay more for our way of life than most places in the world. So we pay 1.25 for every US dollar. We have the highest cell phone rates on the planet. We pay some of the highest taxes. Our hydro rates continue to rise. Property is some of the most expensive. Not to mention we have to account for all 4 seasons. That is not something people take into consideration. We need way more clothes than people who only have to deal with one season. The salt rusts our cars faster, we need winter tires. I'm so sick of this. Can you tell?
Old 01-05-2017, 01:34 PM   #9
Fremen
Birds of Prey

Ugh. Does this ever suck.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:35 PM   #10
Valderen
The Spirit

I looked at what I have on pre-order, not sure if I'll cancel yet, but definitely considering it now. That on top on the bad exchange rate is making this an expansive hobby.
Closed Thread