Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 10-04-2005, 12:55 PM   #11
rosko23
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow
http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...&page=11&pp=10

around post #151 in this thread. Keep in mind I have threads setting showing most recent post first.
D 'oh I went through this whole thing and some how I overlooked yours. Looks awesome.

How long ago did you guys get your pieces? I just find it real tough to shell out around 1500-1700 for this piece on paper even though it is the AP.
rosko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 12:57 PM   #12
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Absolutely LOVE this print!!! Someday, when I have the cash for such an huge outlay, it will be mine!!!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 12:58 PM   #13
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosko23
D 'oh I went through this whole thing and some how I overlooked yours. Looks awesome.

How long ago did you guys get your pieces? I just find it real tough to shell out around 1500-1700 for this piece on paper even though it is the AP.
I think I got mine around 3 yrs ago. I almost bought the Wonder Woman mythology but changed my mind. I'll probably regret it as I could have had a 3 way matched set. I paid $1500 for my AP Knight over Gotham, framed. It actually gets more "cool" comments than my O7 does. It's quite a dynamic piece.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:02 PM   #14
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

i think closetnerd has a bunch of these as well. I know he has some really nice pieces. he is typicaly a canvas man like our Zurb
Old 10-04-2005, 01:09 PM   #15
rosko23
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow
I think I got mine around 3 yrs ago. I almost bought the Wonder Woman mythology but changed my mind. I'll probably regret it as I could have had a 3 way matched set. I paid $1500 for my AP Knight over Gotham, framed. It actually gets more "cool" comments than my O7 does. It's quite a dynamic piece.
Yeah I am trying to get the Wonderwoman and Superman pieces as well. I have never really been a big Batman fan, except for the latest movie. But that Original Seven piece caught my eye some time back and I cant seem to let it go. I am not really even a DC Fan. I just love Ross's art and how can u not be a Superman fan. Wonderwoman is my 2nd fav of the JLA. Actually Ross's art got me into reading the JLA and JSA and I am greatful for that.

My only problem is $$$$$$. Which seems to be everyones. I am lucky to not be married, YET (only 24 yrs old) but I am really thinking I may have to slow down on the Bowen stuff since they take up so much room and the canvas's take up less. Even though one of these is about 7 FS Bowen statues.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:38 PM   #16
badlieut
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I got my O7 fairly recently and that's by just putting my name out there saying I wanted it and searching all the time. Ebay may be your best bet for a bargain. A paper version with a somewhat banged up frame sold for around $1200 a few months ago. The last canvas one on ebay sold for about $1700 (that was at least 7 to 9 months ago).

I'm a huge Batman fan. Someday I'll get that Mythology piece but I have the Knight Over Gotham which was a little over $1000 from a fellow collector I keep in touch with. I have a Descent on Gotham canvas which is a great piece IMHO. I have the Joker's Reckoning canvas which I really like as well. I have some other canvas pieces on layaway as well that will get paid off someday...they let me take my time for the most part.

Someday I'd like to get the Harley Quinn and Joker Ross piece.
badlieut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:54 PM   #17
rosko23
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlieut
I got my O7 fairly recently and that's by just putting my name out there saying I wanted it and searching all the time. Ebay may be your best bet for a bargain. A paper version with a somewhat banged up frame sold for around $1200 a few months ago. The last canvas one on ebay sold for about $1700 (that was at least 7 to 9 months ago).

I'm a huge Batman fan. Someday I'll get that Mythology piece but I have the Knight Over Gotham which was a little over $1000 from a fellow collector I keep in touch with. I have a Descent on Gotham canvas which is a great piece IMHO. I have the Joker's Reckoning canvas which I really like as well. I have some other canvas pieces on layaway as well that will get paid off someday...they let me take my time for the most part.

Someday I'd like to get the Harley Quinn and Joker Ross piece.
Hey Badlieut. Where do you buy from that they let you buy them on layaway? That would help me a lot. PM me if you want.
Thanks
Old 10-04-2005, 02:59 PM   #18
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hey Badlieut. Where do you buy from that they let you buy them on layaway? That would help me a lot. PM me if you want.
Thanks
Most galleries will let you buy on layaway. Here's two I have good experience with.

http://www.fascinationst.com/

http://heroicfineart.com/
Old 10-04-2005, 03:02 PM   #19
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:

I bought mine when it was first introduced by the WB Gallery. They had a show debuting the piece and Alex Ross was there. I got to meet him, take a few pics and get him to sign some odds and ends I brought along with me.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:09 PM   #20
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Roscoe, if you love Alex Ross I really have to recommend the Mythology Good vs. Evil piece. It is extraordinary. I really like the Superman and Batman pieces for their simplicity but the third one in the set (which has now grown to 4 with Wonder Woman) is as far as I am concerned one of the best giclees out there. It's just stunning. Here are a few pics of mine:

Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote