Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 03-24-2012, 03:13 AM   #301
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post

there are two different paint applied on this one mask

strange

There are indeed 2 different tones on the ANH mask: gun metal and black. IIRC it was a method to make the helmet look well on the screen back then. So 2 colors = accurate

I guess only the Legend helmet will ship in the next 30 days, the LE will be sent later.
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:11 AM   #302
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
will the limited edition helmet also ship in 30 days time?

can some kind souls please confirm?

thanks

no they are going to be shipping out the Legendary helmets first. then the limited. here is the email i recived from eFX....

DARTH VADER helmet update

March 20, 2012

Dear DynamicMenace:

First, thank you very much for your patience as we worked with our vendor to develop the most accurate replica of the iconic Darth Vader helmet as seen in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.

I would like to give you a brief update on the status of this project. Lucasfilm has given us the final approval and thus, we are now in production. In fact, we had on display actual production pieces of both the Legend and Limited Editions at WonderCon in Anaheim, CA this past weekend.

We anticipate shipping the first quantity from Asia in about 30 days. We do not have a definite number of helmets that we will ship yet since each helmet will be thoroughly inspected and some helmets will be rejected because of our strict Quality Control Specifications.

We will be producing the Legend Edition first, followed by the Limited Edition.

We will be allocating the helmets in the order that the pre-orders were received. For those of you who ordered a Legend, you may remember that we overloaded the credit card server and caused a huge backlog in the credit card authorization process. So, for the those who ordered a Legend, we will allocate in the order that the authorizations came back from the credit card gateway, which may not necessarily be the same order that the orders were submitted for authorization. We will contact you when the helmet allocated to you is en route from Asia via e-mail, so please ensure that our e-mails do not end up in your SPAM file.

Thanks once again for your patience! We have set up an e-mail address specifically for questions and assistance for the Darth Vader helmet. vaderhelp@efxcollectibles.com

Bryan
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:22 AM   #303
WarMachine
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
no they are going to be shipping out the Legendary helmets first. then the limited. here is the email i recived from eFX....

DARTH VADER helmet update

March 20, 2012

Dear DynamicMenace:

First, thank you very much for your patience as we worked with our vendor to develop the most accurate replica of the iconic Darth Vader helmet as seen in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.

I would like to give you a brief update on the status of this project. Lucasfilm has given us the final approval and thus, we are now in production. In fact, we had on display actual production pieces of both the Legend and Limited Editions at WonderCon in Anaheim, CA this past weekend.

We anticipate shipping the first quantity from Asia in about 30 days. We do not have a definite number of helmets that we will ship yet since each helmet will be thoroughly inspected and some helmets will be rejected because of our strict Quality Control Specifications.

We will be producing the Legend Edition first, followed by the Limited Edition.

We will be allocating the helmets in the order that the pre-orders were received. For those of you who ordered a Legend, you may remember that we overloaded the credit card server and caused a huge backlog in the credit card authorization process. So, for the those who ordered a Legend, we will allocate in the order that the authorizations came back from the credit card gateway, which may not necessarily be the same order that the orders were submitted for authorization. We will contact you when the helmet allocated to you is en route from Asia via e-mail, so please ensure that our e-mails do not end up in your SPAM file.

Thanks once again for your patience! We have set up an e-mail address specifically for questions and assistance for the Darth Vader helmet. vaderhelp@efxcollectibles.com

Bryan
thank you very much for posting the email from efx

it is much appriciated

so the QC check is very strict!

I am liking this

WarMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #304
DynamicMenace

your welcome man
Old 03-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #305
Darth Pain

Even though I'd rather have scored a Legend, I'm glad the LE will ship later.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:55 AM   #306
DynamicMenace

im sure you'll be able to score a legend at some point.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #307
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
im sure you'll be able to score a legend at some point.
it will be tough to get this in the after market. it is one of the few pieces to deserve the term "grail".
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #308
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
it will be tough to get this in the after market. it is one of the few pieces to deserve the term "grail".
ah ok cool..that's good to know..i have 2 on preorder
Old 03-27-2012, 01:15 AM   #309
Vader
Ghost

is there a long waitlist for this piece?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:47 AM   #310
Darth Pain

I'm not paying double the cost for a roughed up version of what I'm getting. If I can get one for retail, I'll get it but, otherwise I'll either keep my LE looking the way it is or I can rough it up myself.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote