Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-21-2018, 04:00 PM   #1941
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

I will say for a mass produced item, the paint on this (as well as most other Prime 1 pieces) is pretty impressive considering it's done by a factory worker. I'm really looking forward to their other stuff like the Dog Alien. That looks really impressive as well.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 04:04 PM   #1942
Stormrider
Fantastic Four

It’s the mos impressive base so far, if you think that xm darkness base is impressive guts base is far more superior.
Stormrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:20 PM   #1943
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
keep in mind, i sculpt / paint stuff myself so i always look at things with the "what i would have done differently" eye so take what i say with a grain of salt LOL.... the sculpt cannot be denied though and the paint on guts is nothing short of impressive. even my gripes with the base are nitpicking
I have absolutely no talent in that but I'd love to learn one day.

So when I look at a piece, I'm super impressed cause I'm like "damn, wish I could do that!"
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:24 PM   #1944
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormrider View Post
It’s the mos impressive base so far, if you think that xm darkness base is impressive guts base is far more superior.
I think their darkness piece is very impressive overall. And would totally own it.

But speaking of lackluster, I seem to recall the skulls being one color with no shading. Could be a different story in person though.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:05 PM   #1945
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post

And then when he dug into his arms with his nails when he was in the lake

I was literally SHOCKED when, after Guts killed the brother, the son witnessed him and he plunged his sword into the small boy!

"And what he'd sacrifice of himself to realize that dream."
Those are 2 of my favorite moments of the series.
And boy oh boy you have no idea :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
Beautiful piece Hitman!!! Love it!

Spoiler:
Anyway I was in the P1 site looking at Griffith just to make sure he wasn't sold out yet. And my eye caught the first part of the discription saying he is "the main antagonist of the series..."

$hit I didn't mean to see that!
haha, I dig reliving the discovery of the series through you
I've done that many time by mistake but do yourself a favor and finish the series quick!
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:01 PM   #1946
stormriders
Justice League

I am surprise no one is clamoring for the older gray hair Guts. I would want that look if i was to buy this statue.
stormriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:28 PM   #1947
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormriders View Post
I am surprise no one is clamoring for the older gray hair Guts. I would want that look if i was to buy this statue.
He doesn't have the gray hair during the Black Swordsman period. The gray hair only appears after Berserker Armor is introduced. And I think it was definitely a missed opportunity not to have it on the Berserker Armor statue.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:57 PM   #1948
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
Those are 2 of my favorite moments of the series.
And boy oh boy you have no idea :P

haha, I dig reliving the discovery of the series through you
I've done that many time by mistake but do yourself a favor and finish the series quick!
SPOILERS

I finished where Guts left and Griffith was arrested. I'm unfortunately going to be busy for the next few days so I won't be able to watch for a bit.

But man the story has sucked me in and it just feels well written and it's definitely entertaining!

As soon as I saw the handmaiden hear what was going on behind closed doors and then go to spy through the keyhole I knew Griffith was screwed!!!

He went from the top of the world to the bottom. I think losing Guts caused him to become rash and he got caught involved in a major no-no! Sleeping with the princess!

It doesn't matter that he's got a title and is in favor of the king. He's still a commoner, with impure blood and he's not fit to touch royalty. He's the king's dog and he should feel lucky the king bestowed on him such an honor.

But just as fast as he got it it's going to be taken away! Without knowing what comes next I can see him blaming Guts for his fall from grace. Both in standing, and in the strength of his army.

I found it interesting how Corcous admitted to still hating Guts. It's clear he just put up with him because of Griffith.

And just thinking of how Casca and Griffith's relationship has evolved since the beginning.

Griffith did catch me off guard with a certain part of his inner monologue when he was going to duel Guts. He's clearly worried at first he could end up killing Guts when he says "if I miss, I could hit his neck and kill him" or something like that...

But then he says something like, "forget that, if I can't have him, his life is forfeit!"

I was like, "whoa there Griffith, that's DARK!!!"

Remember, that's before I read he was the villain.

Now that I know what I know I'm REALLY curious to see how it's going to affect the 3 way relationship of Griffith-Casca-and Guts.

She loves Griffith, and really likes Guts now. Also curious to see how Ricket, Juno, Pippin and Corkous are going to react to it all. And to see what will ultimately happen with the hawks and where loyalties lie for the key players. (Please no spoilers! )

Oh and the last thing: Wow to Zodd tossing Guts his sword! But it makes sense though as I'm assuming Zodd wants Guts to live because he wants to fight him again. He was the one soldier to give him a run for his money (barely) so he wants another meeting.

With only 6 episodes left I'm disappointed and feel there should be a lot more! I haven't even gotten to experience Zodd that much, and the rest of the apostles Slan, etc. Like they're maybe going to make a brief appearance but that's it, and it will be over! I won't be satisfied!

I guess that's what the manga is for but I don't understand can someone explain to me why they didn't make more seasons? It seems like it would have been super popular then. It sure is now! I know it's a reacurring theme with anime cause shows sometimes don't get coninued and what not. But I'm sure after I finish the anime I'll wish it would continue far more than any anime I've finished beforehand.

I love the voices each character has and will definitely read the manga with their voices in my mind but I would like to see the future events, battles duels, confrontations like I've already experienced with these actors.

We're never going to get a Griffith and Guts final duel or whatever with these voice actors. Just seems majorly sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormriders View Post
There's an older gray haired Guts? Never mind don't answer that...sounds like a spoiler...
Old 03-21-2018, 10:58 PM   #1949
Chargersfan57

Hmm...maybe I should avoid this thread. Those two posts above me sound like spoilers and I don't want to ruin this so I might check out of the thread for awhile.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:23 AM   #1950
stormriders
Justice League

i gave up on watching the series but switch to reading the manga instead, so much better than the show. So much info is left out, for example, i wondered why Griffith just accept being capture in the show but in the comic manga, he actually didn't have his sword with him so that was why he got captured so easily.
stormriders is offline   Reply With Quote