Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 02-12-2018, 04:04 PM   #41
avalanchedriver
Frackin!

I don't understand why people preorder statues, which they will have to wait for for a long time anyway. Then, if the statue is delayed a few more months, they don't want it anymore and are requesting a refund. Why do they order it in the first place? How does a delay all of a sudden change your desire to own the piece to not wanting it anymore?
avalanchedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:10 PM   #42
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalanchedriver View Post
I don't understand why people preorder statues, which they will have to wait for for a long time anyway. Then, if the statue is delayed a few more months, they don't want it anymore and are requesting a refund. Why do they order it in the first place? How does a delay all of a sudden change your desire to own the piece to not wanting it anymore?
Waiting years gets old, especially when you pay in-full.

You're basically giving the company an interest free loan.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:11 PM   #43
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Delays of a few months is one thing. She-ra is already 14 months late past the original estimate.
Many of the aforementioned pieces are already delayed 6 months or more. At some point 4-6 more on top of that becomes more than what is acceptable especially if you have several on order.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:09 PM   #44
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Everyone has a limit of how long they are willing to let a company hold on to their money without getting what they paid for. Why should you have to wait longer than the agreed upon timeframe without receiving the item you purchased with your own money?
The reality of the situation is that money can go to better use for most people....instead of having it sitting around doing nothing. Meanwhile, PCS probably has it added to a net pool of hundreds of thousands of PO money that's earning interest for them...assuming they're managing their money well.

It would be very interesting to be a fly on the wall to see how PCS is deaingl with the factories that can't meet the agreed upon quota/expectation. I'd be very surprised if PCS is as lenient with the factories as they expect us to be with them.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 11:57 PM   #45
avalanchedriver
Frackin!

I get that there is a lot of our money tied up in the company's bank account and i get that people are upset about that. But how does that change the feeling about the statue itself?

I ordered the Crom set and paid for it a long time ago. If PCS would announce now that the set would be delayed another year, yes, it would suck, but I would still want it the same.
avalanchedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:49 AM   #46
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

The official 30 day period for refunds (30+ in practice) makes sense from the interest accrual standpoint. They should make back those pay in full discounts easily if they manage it well.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:56 AM   #47
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
I get that there is a lot of our money tied up in the company's bank account and i get that people are upset about that. But how does that change the feeling about the statue itself?

I ordered the Crom set and paid for it a long time ago. If PCS would announce now that the set would be delayed another year, yes, it would suck, but I would still want it the same.
Anticipation can very easily turn into frustration. Frustration is a mood killer. You can negatively associate this with the statue. Ive been waiting heading on 3 years now for Heman and Battlecat- my first PCS purchase- and while I still want them I’ll admit I’m starting to feel worn out. Sometimes you just gotta throw in the towel when your emotions are taking a beating.

But then also for some collectors their collections are revolving doors...
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:00 AM   #48
qz33
Rescue

Guys do tire of their girlfriends/wives at different rates why would statues be any different?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:39 AM   #49
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Guys do tire of their girlfriends/wives at different rates why would statues be any different?
they dont nag and they never talk back. And theyre cheaper. And they dont get fat. And theyre not damaged. And If they are damaged theyre more easily fixed. And I can do this all day lol
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:58 AM   #50
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
they dont nag and they never talk back. And theyre cheaper. And they dont get fat. And theyre not damaged. And If they are damaged theyre more easily fixed. And I can do this all day lol
BULLSH|T

Click image for larger version

Name:	DD92E38E-5972-4015-B675-6358B6D912BF.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	111539
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote