Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 05-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

OFFICIAL "Should I?" Print thread

In light of all the queries that pepper the various threads related to prints I thought I would have a one stop shop thread for folks who are contemplating dropping big money on paper.

The premise is simple if you want feedback from members about a purchase you are mulling over lay out the particulars and away we go.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

I am thinking about grabbing the Moss Black Widow and Taylor Hulk prints. While BW isn't my favorite if I get Hulk the BW will be the only one of the Avengers set I am missing as I was fluked out to go 5 for 7 with related Mondo drops.

I am estimating $350 for the pair at a minimum hence the amount of thought going into this. There is only so much "toy money" and the cost of the two posters will likely equate to a PF or other higher end piece.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #3
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

I'd wait until the Avengers hype dies down a little. Also, I have a feeling there will be variants released at SDCC in July which may drive the prices of the originals down.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #4
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Probably won't be any other variants for The Avengers set, Olly should be selling his AP copies pretty soon so keep a lookout on his Twitter account because he is selling them randomly.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #5
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
Probably won't be any other variants for The Avengers set, Olly should be selling his AP copies pretty soon so keep a lookout on his Twitter account because he is selling them randomly.
Don't say that! I'm hoping for a Thor on wood or metal.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #6
Awesome

That would be pretty cool though, we will see.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #7
Underdog07
Hercules

Agree with Monster on waiting for hype to die down. Now is not the time to buy anything Avengers related unless I am the one selling it
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #8
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Thanks fellas; great advice. I shall sit on my wallet for now and hope for another opportunity to grab an AP or variant. Worst case I agree that once the hype dies down there may be an opportunity to snag them for a bit cheaper.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I am thinking about grabbing the Moss Black Widow and Taylor Hulk prints. While BW isn't my favorite if I get Hulk the BW will be the only one of the Avengers set I am missing as I was fluked out to go 5 for 7 with related Mondo drops.
The key is Black Widow isn't your favorite. I don't collect, I only get what I like. You would be getting Black Widow to complete the set and I assume display. If you feel you need it then get it. From what I've seen with Olly Moss pieces, flippers want the high prices. For the possible AP edition, I've had no luck getting stuff via Olly Moss direct. You need to be logged into paypal and to be actually on his twitter page for the link.

Also, I would be hesitant to wait for SDCC. Only because the Tyler Stout Captain America SDCC version was a lithograph or normal poster not a screen print. Maybe Mondo will do something on wood or metal but that's not my thing.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #10
Prevail69
Kindly Asked To Leave

The Avengers prints aren't really a set. each one is has its own unique style, and each character is its own. I wouldnt get the Widow just for the sake of completing the "set".

But personally I liked the Black Widow and Thor the best from the lot of em.
Prevail69 is offline   Reply With Quote