Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 12-07-2014, 06:01 PM   #1
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Gender Swap Bishoujo Characters

Thought I would put this here. I saw this Beethoven statue recently. And with the Freddy and Jason bishoujos, it seems like the gender swap for statues might be here to stay.

Any other characters people would want female versions? There is a Tutankhamun aka King Tut statue from the same series as Beethoven. They are from a series called Eiyuu*Senki Gold which is full of female versions of male characters.

There are a few girls cosplaying as The Rocketeer or Bettie. That would be a good one.

Any others?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Beethoven_Eiyuu_Senki_Gold_Alter.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	87632   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rocketeer_Cosplay_Riki_LeCotey.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	215.3 KB
ID:	87633  
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 08:23 PM   #2
qz33
Doctor Doom

I'm all for it. When chicks do male characters for cosplay or Halloween I eat it up.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 01:20 AM   #3
llama
The Spirit

I guess this is just not for me. The last thing I want to be reminded about when looking at sexy girls is a guy character they are based on.

To each there own though. Koto seems to have enough bandwidth to make a lot of statues so it's not that big of a deal if I'm not interested in all of them.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:00 AM   #4
dechirico7
The Flash

Not for me either. I will stick with the lines they are already doing. Mainly DC.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:13 PM   #5
bumble6000
Doh!

Depends on how strong the design is of the source. If it needs a label to tell people who the character is a genderbend of, it's not worth it.

That Beethoven one, for example. You remove the base, I'd think it was just cute music girl.

I'd rather they do what they did for Ghostbusters and Men In Black - just make cute new characters using the same "uniform" instead of genderbending someone. Make a cute pharoah, roman, or knight instead of genderbent King Tut, Caesar, and Lancelot.
bumble6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 02:37 AM   #6
qz33
Doctor Doom

Can you imagine things like this?
Yes even though this is Black Cat I think other versions of chicks in other costumes would be awesome.

qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 03:16 AM   #7
eastWOLF
Frackin!

Gender swapping is fine but I don't care for it when it comes to the bishoujo statues. What I want is a bishounen statue line! Shunya Yama----a did alternate art for the Tekken characters in TTT2 and I think it worked for both men and women. Hell I just want more Tekken statues.

Not all male characters would work in a bishounen style (I can't see Batman in that style) but one that I think do work would be Nightwing, Loki, Hwoarang, Lee, Jin, Vega (Street Fighter)...just a thought
eastWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 06:04 AM   #8
Ayato1381
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastWOLF View Post
Gender swapping is fine but I don't care for it when it comes to the bishoujo statues. What I want is a bishounen statue line! Shunya Yama----a did alternate art for the Tekken characters in TTT2 and I think it worked for both men and women. Hell I just want more Tekken statues.

Not all male characters would work in a bishounen style (I can't see Batman in that style) but one that I think do work would be Nightwing, Loki, Hwoarang, Lee, Jin, Vega (Street Fighter)...just a thought
I am fine with gender swapping. Jason and Freddy are two of my favorite Bishoujo statues released this year. They are very well done, very beautiful pieces. I agree with you on the bishounen statue line idea. I really wish that with the popularity of the Bishoujo line that Kotobukiya would at least try a male version. They don't have to be sexy, just the same art style and size as the current Bishoujo's. Like you said, Shunya has done the Tekken guys, why not try a Superman and a Captain America for the DC and Marvel lines. Since those are more popular lines I would assume compared to Tekken, or Star Wars or Street Fighter, and if they don't sell, well then Koto never has to make more. But if it is a success, more statues for us (Jin Kazama, Ryu, Ken, Batman, Wolverine, Han, Luke, the possibilities are almost endless) and a nice chunk of change for Kotobukiya. Make it happen Koto.
Ayato1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 11:25 AM   #9
dechirico7
The Flash

What is the point of having a woman dress up like Batman? Get Batwoman. A female Wolverine....get X-23. I think doing cheesy female versions of non-female characters will make this line....cheesy. DC did that with the Ame Comi line and it didn't go over too well. I think that line is pretty much dead now.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 12:34 PM   #10
L Deimos
The Spirit

The funny thing is that we already have a ton of lame gender swap characters. Batgirl, Supergirl, She-hulk, X23, Batwoman etc... While I mostly don't like gender swap characters, it isn't anything new at this point. They are just continuing a trend that really took of somewhere in the 90's.
L Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote