Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 07-07-2014, 06:35 AM   #11
Gianco
X-Force

From eFX page:

"Our new officially licensed, Legend Edition (Biker) Scout Trooper Helmet will be the most accurate reproduction of this incredible helmet produced to date. As with all of our Legend Edition Prop Replicas, the master molds were made from the original master tools ILM used to make the screen-used helmets. There was no digital scanning or 3D modeling used, only original parts and tooling. We even used an original decal sheet from ILM to make our markings and symbols that are seen on the helmet!

This EFX Legend Edition helmet is made in ABS, just like the original screen-used helmets.

And here is the special bonus for this Direct Exclusive Legend Edition: it INCLUDES the Biker Scout Pistol that was cast from an original, screen-used pistol!"
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:41 AM   #12
Gianco
X-Force

Also from eFX page regarding THE LIMITED EDITION:

"Our new officially licensed, Limited Edition (Biker) Scout Trooper Helmet will be one of the most accurate reproduction of this incredible helmet produced to date. It has the all the pedigree of our Legend Edition line since the master molds were made from the original master tools ILM used to make the screen-used helmets. As with the Legend Edition, there is no digital scanning or 3D modeling used, only original parts and tooling. We even used an original decal sheet from ILM to make our markings and symbols that are seen on the helmet! You can call this helmet "Legend - Light"!

This original helmets were made in vacuum formed ABS. This EFX Limited Edition helmet is made in high quality, hand-laid fiberglass."
Old 07-07-2014, 06:46 AM   #13
Gianco
X-Force

LEGEND EDITION:

- Made of ABS.
- Weathered version.
- Includes a blaster.
- Edition Size 500.

LIMITED EDITION:

- Made of Fiberglass.
- Clean version.
- Edition Size 750.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:56 PM   #14
FROBAY
Phoenix

I'll be picking up the legend
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:46 PM   #15
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

ah ha, so it does come with the blaster. pretty cool.

but like with the Vader legendary helmets. i dont have much confidence that the production pieces will live up to the hype. i dont have much confidence that the weathering will look legit.
specially with the weathering on the prototype (if that in fact is a prototype, could be a production piece) looks like it was sprayed on with a can of spray paint. doesn't look very promising.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #16
cstojano
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Any sense of how these Efx drops go in turns of sell outs? Is this a 9am F5 key event or do I have more time today to think it through.
cstojano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:39 AM   #17
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstojano View Post
Any sense of how these Efx drops go in turns of sell outs? Is this a 9am F5 key event or do I have more time today to think it through.
I dont think this will be a quick sellout. The price point of these will keep it around at least for the day. 500 is alot. a Lower edition size would have made these a quick sellout. IMO
Old 07-08-2014, 10:47 AM   #18
cstojano
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

thanks for the reply.
cstojano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:07 AM   #19
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstojano View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I dont think this will be a quick sellout. The price point of these will keep it around at least for the day. 500 is alot. a Lower edition size would have made these a quick sellout. IMO
Frobay is right. not to mention what happened with the Vader legend edition with everyone thinking it was legit what EFX was claiming where that was derived from when that went up on PO. but come to find out after they were shipped out that what EFX was claiming the Vader Legend to be, wasn't. so that more than likely will deter those like me who would be locked and loaded to PO this today. wont be.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #20
FROBAY
Phoenix

Having second thoughts on this. After looking at more pics on the EFX website, I'm having trouble justifying 900.00 for this. Seems way over priced.