Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-23-2020, 12:04 PM   #701
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Now we need a John Keaveney Starfire print to go with this.
That feels inevitable and I agree with you!
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 12:21 PM   #702
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Glad to see you guys got her and love her She is my second favorite behind Catwoman since I love that character more. They both are probably going to be pushed down the list because of Ivy.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 07:34 PM   #703
JD Stormbreaker
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjabanana View Post
Have you gotten any shipping notification yet? I just got mine. My Starfire should be here this weekend or next week. They are using DHL.
Yup, I got my notification. Should be here today or tomorrow. Hopefully.
JD Stormbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 02:35 AM   #704
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
My vote for best 1:6 piece of 2020.
Pretty much right there with you. Picked up mine from my LCS yesterday and she is.... splendid! I still love my TH Catwoman, but Starfire is, well, Starfire. Holding my breath for a Raven to go with her.
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 05:28 PM   #705
pdenham
Teen Titans

Late to the party, but the one I ordered from Alter Ego came in today.

I like that the box is long and thin. It'll be a useful shape for the game of closet Tetris it seems I'm constantly playing.

As far as the statue itself- I've groused plenty about how this isn't really an 80's era Starfire - outside of the costume, anyway.

I also wasn't that keen on either the pose, or giving her discernible irises (which I see now are even more apparent on actual production pieces).
Also, I felt that the only good viewing angles for this were in a very narrow range- mostly head on through her right profile.

Basically I saw a lot of stuff I didn't dig with this and was very, very close to canceling it more than once.

I decided not to because because I liked the colors used, and as just a general object with those colors, it would provide a splash of something in the room I didn't already have.

In hand- while it's not really following the George Perez model sheet, I can't deny it's quite fetching on it's own. Even if I'm not crazy about the "jogging-in-space" pose, the sculpt of the figure itself is well executed.
And I still love the colors- the greens of which on the base, fluoresce nicely under UV light (though I'm surprised the eyes don't as well).

While I don't think they needed to use clear resin for the hair, because they did I'm going to try to rig up a discrete, battery driven smd LED behind it to light that up. The effect should be visible with any amount of ambient light in the room.

TL;DR version- even though I had some big beefs and was nowhere near as thrilled with it going in as the rest of you guys, I'm happy now I didn't cancel it. I suppose It even has room to grow on me some more over time.

Nicely done, Tweeterhead, nicely done

...and if you ever do decide to revisit the character in a full on George Perez sculpt, I'll be first in line with my money for that one.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 08:58 PM   #706
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Even if I'm not crazy about the "jogging-in-space" pose, the sculpt of the figure itself is well executed.
Still better than the "Wiggling on a hammock or
Lounging on a hammock or Flirting on a hammock"
pose of the SSC Starfire...
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:25 PM   #707
pdenham
Teen Titans

True dat

pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:45 PM   #708
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
It was a fantastic sculpt but that Starfire statue by SSC would have made a better Poison Ivy or Emma Frost statue.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:47 PM   #709
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
God I hate the Sideshow piece. Ugh.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:18 AM   #710
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Late to the party, but the one I ordered from Alter Ego came in today.

I like that the box is long and thin. It'll be a useful shape for the game of closet Tetris it seems I'm constantly playing.

As far as the statue itself- I've groused plenty about how this isn't really an 80's era Starfire - outside of the costume, anyway.

I also wasn't that keen on either the pose, or giving her discernible irises (which I see now are even more apparent on actual production pieces).
Also, I felt that the only good viewing angles for this were in a very narrow range- mostly head on through her right profile.

Basically I saw a lot of stuff I didn't dig with this and was very, very close to canceling it more than once.

I decided not to because because I liked the colors used, and as just a general object with those colors, it would provide a splash of something in the room I didn't already have.

In hand- while it's not really following the George Perez model sheet, I can't deny it's quite fetching on it's own. Even if I'm not crazy about the "jogging-in-space" pose, the sculpt of the figure itself is well executed.
And I still love the colors- the greens of which on the base, fluoresce nicely under UV light (though I'm surprised the eyes don't as well).

While I don't think they needed to use clear resin for the hair, because they did I'm going to try to rig up a discrete, battery driven smd LED behind it to light that up. The effect should be visible with any amount of ambient light in the room.

TL;DR version- even though I had some big beefs and was nowhere near as thrilled with it going in as the rest of you guys, I'm happy now I didn't cancel it. I suppose It even has room to grow on me some more over time.

Nicely done, Tweeterhead, nicely done

...and if you ever do decide to revisit the character in a full on George Perez sculpt, I'll be first in line with my money for that one.

So what exactly isn't 80's era Perez?
grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote