Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-01-2020, 01:16 AM   #251
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I ordered this two times from BBTS last night, and then went back about an hour later and cancelled each time.

Almost any other time, I would have given it a shot earlier. Between my dislike of the pedestal type base on it, and the huge backlog of older pre-oders that is all of a sudden coming in, it was very difficult to justify.
Invoices have been hammering my inbox lately, and I thought I'd at least have a month or two more to think about this one.

As I was mulling it over further today, I realized this would be a perfect piece to modify.

A full figure would probably be beyond my capabilities, but changing the base, down to at least incorporate the skirt and possibly the upper thighs, is something I feel like I should be able to pull off.

At the very least I would want to change it from the somewhat diamond composition the whole statue has now, to something with a wider base. Maybe even have some Paradise Island style flora surrounding the figure, like she's emerging from a bower, rather than just awkwardly bisected and stuck on a pedestal.

something along these lines-

Hopefully the Aves I've had chillin' in the fridge for a while now is still good.

When did you pre-order?
Well, I got an email from timealker saying they didn’t update their site and I wouldn’t be getting one. Side note, timewalker is an awesome place with great customer service.
Anyway, went to BBTS and BOOM, they had 1 left! And I got it! Can’t wait to add her to my Wonder Woman corner.
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 01:39 AM   #252
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
Well, I got an email from timealker saying they didn’t update their site and I wouldn’t be getting one. Side note, timewalker is an awesome place with great customer service.
Anyway, went to BBTS and BOOM, they had 1 left! And I got it! Can’t wait to add her to my Wonder Woman corner.
Congrats! And thanks for the Timewalker recommendation, I'll add them to my list of potential retail options.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 04:08 AM   #253
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
Very happy to hear you were able to snag it after all!

With that kind of luck, you probably should have played the lottery yesterday, too.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 05:05 AM   #254
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Whelp, I hopped on the waitlist. But even if it converts (which I'm sure it will), I've got a bad feeling I'm just going to be getting someone else's defective return =(
DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 09:05 PM   #255
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Whelp, I hopped on the waitlist. But even if it converts (which I'm sure it will), I've got a bad feeling I'm just going to be getting someone else's defective return =(
I ordered mine when it was still in stock at SSC but i was sent someone's return because they styro was all taped up all over the place and bust had defects so.....it can happen at anytime i guess
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 09:28 PM   #256
pdenham
Teen Titans

Are you talking about the first one you got?

Were you able to check the replacement yet?
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 10:54 PM   #257
Star-struck
The Spirit

This is back in stock at BBTS if anyone is interested. Please buy them all up before I give into temptation
Star-struck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 11:12 PM   #258
thecollector80

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Are you talking about the first one you got?

Were you able to check the replacement yet?
Yes first one i ordered i got a someone's return

Forgot to check my replacement when i visited my mailing address. Lol. Will do it this week.
Old 08-03-2020, 11:45 PM   #259
thecollector80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-struck View Post
This is back in stock at BBTS if anyone is interested. Please buy them all up before I give into temptation
Yep....only 2 left so ahould be easy to just buy both.
Old 08-04-2020, 02:07 AM   #260
COI

This is easily the best WW portrait I've ever seen.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote