Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old Yesterday, 02:58 PM   #791
DSTZach
Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Heh heh. Well, the thing is, much as I like Clayburn Moore, I think that's a rather simplistic statue and a revisit would be justified. After all, the "not doing again a character we've done well" rule doesn't seem to apply to... other characters. :-)
I guess we revisited Psylocke? I think we weren't fully happy with the original Psylocke, so I would say that was justified. And we've obviously done a couple of Wolverines in that format. But would you rather get a new Black Cat, a new Emma Frost, or the first-ever Binary or Warbird or Black Queen? Just picking an iconic, attractive female statue I don't think we've ever done. (We may have, I've only been around for 13 years.)
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:35 PM   #792
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post
But would you rather get a new Black Cat
Stop right there - yes.

... But then, I'm a big Black Cat fan.

It's OK, Zach, i just found it funny when you said "years ago", because when it's actually twenty years ago it becomes "too many years ago".

...And there's probably a big reason why the Moore statue is still easy to find after all this time.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:54 AM   #793
iceprince_x
Deadman

Quote:
I guess we revisited Psylocke? I think we weren't fully happy with the original Psylocke, so I would say that was justified. And we've obviously done a couple of Wolverines in that format. But would you rather get a new Black Cat, a new Emma Frost, or the first-ever Binary or Warbird or Black Queen? Just picking an iconic, attractive female statue I don't think we've ever done. (We may have, I've only been around for 13 years.)
Black Queen? Selene or Jean Grey? Or Swap Out head?

Do consider Kwannon too in her Revanche costume.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:04 PM   #794
DSTZach
Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Stop right there - yes.

... But then, I'm a big Black Cat fan.

It's OK, Zach, i just found it funny when you said "years ago", because when it's actually twenty years ago it becomes "too many years ago".

...And there's probably a big reason why the Moore statue is still easy to find after all this time.
"Too many years ago" only applies if the product is no longer available, or if the product does not live up to current standards. IMHO, our Black Cat is and does.

BUT if you don't like the Moore Black Cat, write in to Ask DST and ask for a new one. I'm sure DSTChuck will give your suggestion a response. He loves Spider-Man.
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:50 PM   #795
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
"Too many years ago" only applies if the product is no longer available, or if the product does not live up to current standards. IMHO, our Black Cat is and does.
I respectfully disagree, Zach, and, again, the fact it seems to be so widely available sort of proves my point from a buyer's point of view. Heck, even from a seller's point of view, too, since, unless I'm mistaken, it's not you guys who are seeing the money from those sales anymore.

But duly noted about Chuck, thanks. : )
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote