Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-17-2017, 09:26 PM   #411
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
All us TF fans can feel your enthusiasm T.MAC...trust me. And all the ones you mentioned are some of my favorites as well. I really would love a Perceptor. Ultra Magnus and Cyclonus are my two personal favorite TFs...so hopefully XM gets around to making them.
Love Ultra Magnus for sure, have to admit though, I wasn't impressed with the IA offering but that is another thread. I forget, which seeker turned into Cyclonus?
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:28 PM   #412
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
Make the decision you can live with and that fits your budget. While the XM OP is amazing it shouldn't be something that is financially unattainable or causes you suffering. Hype is hype and if you would regret buying it now your regret will be far worse once the money is out the door.
Of course. And I appreciate the your comments! If I wasn't married, I would be in big, big trouble with this hobby. I would cause myself much financial suffering! Good thing my wife runs a tight ship!
Old 04-17-2017, 10:39 PM   #413
MuppetMad
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MAC View Post
Yeah, I am settling. To me, now that the options with the XM OP that I originally wanted are not coming with the statue, the cost/risk to obtain it is no longer worth it to me.

I'm sure others see it different but to me, for a third of the cost and the ability to work with an actual company (vs. an independent third party) if it arrives broken seems like the best way to go.
i would be careful though tbh. There seems to be a lot of issue with IA and its licensing atm and their deal with Prime 1 broke down. I would be careful before you po with them and make sure everything is smooth over there first.
MuppetMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:45 PM   #414
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetMad View Post
i would be careful though tbh. There seems to be a lot of issue with IA and its licensing atm and their deal with Prime 1 broke down. I would be careful before you po with them and make sure everything is smooth over there first.
For sure, I would be going through BBTS and have had good dealings with them in the past. This forum has been great with information and I appreciate it.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:20 AM   #415
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Love Ultra Magnus for sure, have to admit though, I wasn't impressed with the IA offering but that is another thread. I forget, which seeker turned into Cyclonus?
I have a problem with how small his upper torso (chest) area is. Proportions on that are off. Rest of the statue looks solid though.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:37 AM   #416
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetMad View Post
There seems to be a lot of issue with IA and its licensing atm and their deal with Prime 1 broke down.
Is that so? Where has it been announced?
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:14 AM   #417
craigcliff1
Zot

From Facebook
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:36 AM   #418
KELPIE
New Republic

Finally we get some discussion in this thread and it's all controversial...

Quote:
I forget, which seeker turned into Cyclonus?
It was actually Bombshell. However if you want to get technical, Skywarp is turned into the "other" Cyclonus in the background... Since neither are labelled, people like to think that Skywarp was the true Cyclonus.

You guys like some boring arse Transformers. There are so many great characters, go read some comics, broaden your horizons

For people worried about the paint, it looks to me like these photos have some Instagram style filters over them, so I wouldn't worry too much until we see him at the con.

As for the "extras". I'm kinda bummed. The holo arm + alternate head (looking at holo arm) were my favourite.

I'll wait and see how they execute the Matrix in the chest but that's something I don't particularly care for either.

I don't need light up features either... Though it can be cool I guess?

The Truck - Well I like the idea of the truck, however I don't like how it's executed. I really think the truck needs a base of some kind, like it's coming down a hill, or it's on a name plate, or something. A truck just sitting there seems kinda boring when you consider how dynamic everything else is. Also, if I was into collecting cars, there is a whole 'nother hobby for people who want to collect cars and planes and trains, etc...

I'll wait to see him revealed this weekend and contemplate ways of getting extras out to people... the first concern I would have about the easter egg approach is that I'd have to remember which box which part came out of when swapping out or putting away bits. Seems petty and first world problems I know but still it kinda bugs me. The next is ES, we know OP is going to have a far higher ES than most of the other characters, so when OP has an ES of 500 and Bee has an ES of 300, what happens to the missing 200? I know that assumes everyone will want the extras and are willing to buy Bee for them but still, it is something to think about.

I will be buying all of the TF statues (heaven help me, where do I put them, they are way too big) so having parts hidden isn't really a concern, however I would rather a positive solution to be found that suited everyone.

Now go out, watch some season 2 episodes, read some comics and find that obscure Transformer you can hang your hat on!
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:39 AM   #419
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

I thought Skywarp became Scourge....my whole life has been a lie...
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:11 AM   #420
MuppetMad
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
Finally we get some discussion in this thread and it's all controversial...

It was actually Bombshell. However if you want to get technical, Skywarp is turned into the "other" Cyclonus in the background... Since neither are labelled, people like to think that Skywarp was the true Cyclonus.

You guys like some boring arse Transformers. There are so many great characters, go read some comics, broaden your horizons

For people worried about the paint, it looks to me like these photos have some Instagram style filters over them, so I wouldn't worry too much until we see him at the con.

As for the "extras". I'm kinda bummed. The holo arm + alternate head (looking at holo arm) were my favourite.

I'll wait and see how they execute the Matrix in the chest but that's something I don't particularly care for either.

I don't need light up features either... Though it can be cool I guess?

The Truck - Well I like the idea of the truck, however I don't like how it's executed. I really think the truck needs a base of some kind, like it's coming down a hill, or it's on a name plate, or something. A truck just sitting there seems kinda boring when you consider how dynamic everything else is. Also, if I was into collecting cars, there is a whole 'nother hobby for people who want to collect cars and planes and trains, etc...

I'll wait to see him revealed this weekend and contemplate ways of getting extras out to people... the first concern I would have about the easter egg approach is that I'd have to remember which box which part came out of when swapping out or putting away bits. Seems petty and first world problems I know but still it kinda bugs me. The next is ES, we know OP is going to have a far higher ES than most of the other characters, so when OP has an ES of 500 and Bee has an ES of 300, what happens to the missing 200? I know that assumes everyone will want the extras and are willing to buy Bee for them but still, it is something to think about.

I will be buying all of the TF statues (heaven help me, where do I put them, they are way too big) so having parts hidden isn't really a concern, however I would rather a positive solution to be found that suited everyone.

Now go out, watch some season 2 episodes, read some comics and find that obscure Transformer you can hang your hat on!
I agree to wait for Con. Hopefully we can get some people to accurately take good photos that show the colour for actually what it looks like. That colour will make or break it for me.

I wouldn't be so concerned about the different ES numbers though. Thats how the entire industry is run, so this is really no different. They have done the same for the Spidey Villain line and considering the ES are driven by customer popularity it will all even out in the end. The real solution is just to buy them all and don't wait around lol. These pieces are always easy enough to find, if people take the time to ask around.

But good point on the hidden part in other boxes. That could be potentially quite frustrating...
MuppetMad is offline   Reply With Quote