Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #1001
benhernandez
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Yeah, Port Huron is not far from me at all. I have actually had my eye on Port Huron the last few days on the news. For some strange reason they have had low 80 degree weather while we have been near 100 and its just a hop, skip and a jump away. Very strange. We actually just had the hottest 4th ever and yesterday felt just as bad. This whole last week has sucked. Thankfully today its supposed to drop to the low to mid 80's. Not a big cool off but I will take it. I haven't had a good night sleep in well over a week.
It's crazy how you guys have hotter weather overthrew than we have had here in South Cali. I get to pick on my in law cause the winters here are warmer than MI. But now I can tease them about our early summers too!

I feel your pain about the heat wave. It sucks when you don't expect it.
benhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #1002
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhernandez View Post
This piece was a commission that Mike and Peter did for a friend of mine. I'm stoked to actually get a print of it.

Now for the price of the prints from the store. History shows that all prints at. One are cheaper than the store. So the price will be $39 per print at the Aspen Store website.
Hey Ben, do you happen to have a larger color photo of this new Aspen print? I saw the little thumbnail, but would love to see a larger version, if possible.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #1003
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
It's crazy how you guys have hotter weather overthrew than we have had here in South Cali. I get to pick on my in law cause the winters here are warmer than MI. But now I can tease them about our early summers too!

I feel your pain about the heat wave. It sucks when you don't expect it.
Yeah, its been unbelievably hot here and its been like this the last couple of years. June is usually the milder summer month but the last few years its just been smokin hot. Thankfully, I no longer spend my winters in Michigan. Did that for way too many years. I have a really bad back and the cold weather makes it like 10 times worse. So once October gets here, I head south for warmer weather.

This heat wave has sucked but at least we didn't lose electricity. Over 150,000 people lost power in southeastern Michigan a few days back, including a lot of Farmington Hills, when a wicked storm whipped through. Of course then you have the 3 million+ that have been without power from the storm last week. So as bad as its been, we at least have to be thankful we weren't one of the people who lost power. Talk about being miserable. I honestly think I would buy big bags of ice, pour them in the bathtub and spend the day in a big ice water bath.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:36 AM   #1004
Adoptedscot
A day without sunshine is like... night.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quick question about buying prints at the Con if I may please?

A good friend of mine is going to the Aspen Booth for me (with me being in the UK), so my question is:

When you buy from their Booth, do they pack them in a Tube, or will she need to take one for them to be rolled into?.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice
x
Adoptedscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #1005
benhernandez
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

She will need to take a tube. They don't have tubes, they will put them in sleeves if they still have some. But that's always a 50/50 shot.
benhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #1006
Adoptedscot
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
She will need to take a tube. They don't have tubes, they will put them in sleeves if they still have some. But that's always a 50/50 shot.
Cool, thanks for the help Ben, I'll let her know.

Hope things are going okay with you pal.
shell
x
Old 07-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #1007
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
It's sweet that they are doing this but it would be awesome if they released a large coffee book with all of his work.

Aww man that would be a dream come true!!!
I have actually been thinking about this a lot since you mentioned it and more and more it seems like a great idea. Its like the one thing that hasn't been done yet with his work, an over-sized coffee table style book. I purchased J Scott Campbells oversized Danger Girl hard covers and they were amazing. An oversized Turner hard cover, with all of his best work, would put those books to shame.

You should definitly email them and suggest it to them. I will definitely follow suit and send them an email letting them know I would love to see one as well. If anyone else in here is interested in seeing something like this, I highly suggest emailing Aspen and letting them know. Who knows, we may just wind up getting one. Stranger things have happened.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #1008
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Ok, now I am really excited! Wave 1 of the skateboards will be available at the SDCC and on the Aspen Store.

I don't know about the rest of you guys but these things will look great up on my wall. I already see 3 that I have to have. Damn, Aspen is really coming out swinging at this SDCC. Lots of great stuff. Now all I need is the surfboard and my Fathom Bottle openers and I will be all set!!

By the way, I love the collect all 6 comment, lol. Sure, no biggie! Why not get all 6. In fact, while I am at it, just throw one of everything in there. So that will be 7 prints, 6 skateboards, 1 sketchbook, 4 century editions, variant editions, regular editions....

Oh yeah, the prices are up for the prints at the Aspen Store. They are all 49.99, ouch!! I figured 39.99 tops. 20 at the show and 50 online? That's brutal. At least give us the quantity discount.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #1009
renketsu
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoptedscot View Post
Quick question about buying prints at the Con if I may please?

A good friend of mine is going to the Aspen Booth for me (with me being in the UK), so my question is:

When you buy from their Booth, do they pack them in a Tube, or will she need to take one for them to be rolled into?.

x

Hi Shell.

Long time no see on forums - sounds like you are all geared up for SDCC.
renketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #1010
Adoptedscot
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by renketsu View Post
Hi Shell.

Long time no see on forums - sounds like you are all geared up for SDCC.
Hiya Buddy

Yeah, I've been a little reclusive for some time now, for many reasons but mainly health.

Good to see you and to catch up on this thread.

Take care for now
x