Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-23-2019, 08:22 AM   #241
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I like him, I did want him when he was previewed, but I think I’ll stick to actual monsters from movies haha. Plus the queen is where it’s at
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 03:10 AM   #242
MATthemes
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Can someone please confirm if this one fit in a Besta unit with closed Tombo doors?
MATthemes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 11:54 AM   #243
Vader
Ghost

anyone know how this compares to the neca alien queen figure??
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 02:01 PM   #244
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
anyone know how this compares to the neca alien queen figure??
Not sure how you want it compared. One's an articulated figure the other is a single pose statue.

I've seen the neca piece and it's ok for what it is. I don't collect Hot Toys-ish pieces so I'm going to sound biased. The SS queen is a nice piece. The sculpt, paint and base are top notch. The Queens paint app is the standout of the piece. There are a few negatives that I've seen mentioned. The price could be a couple hundred bucks less and there are twice as many vertebra in her tail than other pieces released i.e. the SS Queen/Powerloader dio and the old Palisades Queen which I owned and still think is the best Queen out there. I recall some people mentioning a kit or something of the original queen mold floating around in collector circles but that you'd have to look into or ask someone more knowledgeable.

There's also the unlicensed Matrix Studios Queen turd and P1's comic version (just shown) which I found very underwhelming. If you go back a few pages I have a small write up and pictures on the SS Queen.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 01:10 PM   #245
Vader
Ghost

the matrix is based on the original puppet.

I was just wondering if this is similar in size/scale to the neca alien queen.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:08 PM   #246
eternalblue02

Quote:
I was just wondering if this is similar in size/scale to the neca alien queen.
Neca Queen is 15" H x 30" L

SS Queen is Height: 19" x Width: 22" x Depth: 13" keep in mind this includes the base which is very angular.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:11 PM   #247
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Just got her majesty in. I'll defer my opinion to the guy in the video above in agreement with most of his points. I had no breakage, will have to use the blow dryer on two of the back spines to straighten them. Have no idea how this made it to me in one piece the way it sits in the styrofoam. Tail and many of the more breakable kibble pieces are indeed made of plastic/PVC. Had no issues slotting the tail.

I personally like it. You can never have too many aliens. I have the Palisades Queen, avoided the SS Dio Queen because of the base and aftermarket price and got screwed by Matrix Studios with their Queen. I am definitely in the P1 wait and see camp and if you have any reservations on this purchase follow that instinct. It's a stunner but not something you'll kick yourself if you can't bring yourself to buy atm. Any questions or concerns by all means ask.
How does this piece scale with the other alien statues 1/3 versions?? does it look worth its price?
Old 03-22-2020, 10:24 AM   #248
eternalblue02

Quote:
How does this piece scale with the other alien statues 1/3 versions?? does it look worth its price?
The P1 pieces are in a league of their own and will dwarf this piece. I don't own any of them but from the pictures I see posted here there would be a noticeable difference. XM Alien will dwarf this as well. This piece is more on par with the SS Queen Powerloader dio and the Palisades Queen. The base is obviously bigger on this then those two but the Queen herself is about the same.

I held out hope that P1's Queen would be "the" Queen to get. It's a comic version and still needs some work. The support rod bothers me. SS's has a phenomenal paint app. No pictures do it justice. The base is fine. You get some royal guards, eggs & facehuggies and alien chitin. It works. She also doesn't need a rod to hold her up. She comes in one big piece already attached to the base and you just put her tail and spines into slots. I commend SS for figuring out her packing. I personally think she's worth the money. I also agree with people here she should be a couple hundred dollars cheaper. It comes down to how bad you want to add a Queen in your library that won't take up space and aside from the extra tail segments represents her pretty well. She will be notably smaller then some of the old guard SS aliens like their Big Chap and the Warrior. Use the SS Alien King, Power dio and Palisades to go by size.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:03 PM   #249
Vader
Ghost

So she's as small as the old palisades queen dio? that's pretty small for the price.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:18 PM   #250
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Not sure how you want it compared. One's an articulated figure the other is a single pose statue.

I've seen the neca piece and it's ok for what it is. I don't collect Hot Toys-ish pieces so I'm going to sound biased. The SS queen is a nice piece. The sculpt, paint and base are top notch. The Queens paint app is the standout of the piece. There are a few negatives that I've seen mentioned. The price could be a couple hundred bucks less and there are twice as many vertebra in her tail than other pieces released i.e. the SS Queen/Powerloader dio and the old Palisades Queen which I owned and still think is the best Queen out there. I recall some people mentioning a kit or something of the original queen mold floating around in collector circles but that you'd have to look into or ask someone more knowledgeable.

There's also the unlicensed Matrix Studios Queen turd and P1's comic version (just shown) which I found very underwhelming. If you go back a few pages I have a small write up and pictures on the SS Queen.
The palisades queen was bad, soft sculpt details and completely wrong colours. The matrix queen is by far the most definitive queen released and far from being a ‘turd’, the finished piece is great quality all round and being so closely related to the queen maquette used in the film, accuracy isn’t an issue. Only negative is it was unlicensed (if that bothers you)
The tail on the SS piece is a glaring error I’m surprised it wasn’t picked up at the proto stage!
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote