2. Custom Sentry

3. Custom sylvanas
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:00 PM   #22
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
2. My biggest regret for not purchasing would be the 1/4 Captain Marvel PF. I went back and forth about buying it and then they were all gone and now they are pretty pricey. One of the best statues SS has ever done IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
"Captain Marvel" 1:4 PF was at my local comic shop for MSRP. I loved it, but I was thinking DC only...now I'm fine having Marvel pieces I love and keep looking for her at reasonable price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
The exact same reason I didn't buy immediately. I had only DC PF's at the time. I regret that now.
FACTS!!

I collect Marvel and I have no excuse. I just never pulled the trigger. Now I’m hoping they make another Captain America I. The near future as well. Smh I had no reason to not buy her when she was in stock
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 06:11 AM   #23
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
My questions for everyone out there:

1. What is your biggest regret purchase? You take it out the box(es), assemble, and like it...but a month or two later, you question yourself on the purchase. And you sell it.

2. What is your biggest regret in not purchasing and now that statue is either non-existent on the resell market or crazy expensive...and you had a 100% opportunity to purchase it when it was first available?

3. What one, and only one statue, will you never part with?
1. Biggest Regret Purchase - I commissioned a Jim Lee Blue Team X-MEN Beast by a local artist. I had a spare Black Panther body that I was gonna use as a base for either Iceman or another Marvel character. Long story short, the project turned out to be a fail. The head sculpt was awful. I tried getting rid of the piece, I sold it on eBay however it broke in transit and I had to suffer the loss. The amount of effort I put into this project turned out to be a bust on all levels.

As for commercial piece, I've either broke even or profited from the pieces I've purchased directly from Sideshow. I kinda regret buying the Darth Vader ROTJ PF because it doesn't go with anything in my collection. I ended up giving it away to my friend.

2. XM Magneto on Throne, and Storm XM. I also regret not purchasing the original Sentinel Diorama with Colossus and Cyclops. I remember seeing it online and it was the first time I had heard of the company "Sideshow Collectibles". I never pulled the plug and ordered it because I thought it was too expensive. In hindsight it was a bargain compared to what we pay now.

3. Probably Gambit PF EX. It's the first Sideshow purchase and it's what started my massive collection. The piece is sentimental to me because I was going thru a ----ty period in my life at that time.
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:46 PM   #24
Davidian
Omega Flight

1. PCS Chun Li 1/4 scale statue. I originally bought Ryu, and since I always played Ryu and Chun Li, she was an obvious choice. However, like some have mentioned, the eyes were terrible. I kept her a bit, but eventually sold her, Ryu and Cammy. I now own the 1/3 scale Chun Li (both battle and classic) and love those, although the battle outshines the classic, sadly.

2. Red Sonja Queen of the Scavengers PF. I have the She-Devil PF, and I think me trying to only have 1 statue of a character was my biggest reason for not buying it when I could have.

3. SS Species Maquette. Huge Giger fan, and this statue is just insane. I would also say my 1/6 scale Bloodrayne statue, ONLY because it’s rare, but it pales in comparison to how nice statues are today, but since the topic is one statue, it’d definitely be the Species Maquette.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote