Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 11-04-2011, 10:38 PM   #11
OpticBlast
Sinister Six

I hear really good things about Hobby Lobby. if they are local i would try them out as their prices seem hard to beat. Get to know their framer to see how professional they are as they will be the one handling your artwork, and where it really counts in the final execution of the piece. I always make sure Aaron Brothers store my posters flat as it will be in their care for at least 2 weeks, they cut out two foam boards to size and place it between the poster for me while they store it in the back.
OpticBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:54 PM   #12
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
I go to a local guy near my job....very convenient. Charges 250.00 for square wood frame with matting plus museum uv glass . Living in NYC nothing is cheap.
What is the name of the shop? I would like to check it out.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:22 AM   #13
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Went to Hobby Lobby with my Iron Giant and Dawn of the Dead prints but ended up coming home with both of them. The prices were insane. With the discounts, it was $204.00 for two mattes and museum glass. The problem is they have young kids working there that are clueless about archival framing. They kept talking about drymounting after I told them numerous times that it was a limited edition print and it needed to be framed archival and be fully reversible. He didn't understand so I left.

The store literally opened last week so I'm going to give it some time. They need to get someone in there that knows what they are doing. Right now I have zero confidence in them.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:44 AM   #14
OpticBlast
Sinister Six

Sorry to hear that Monster. At least you found out before hand rather then after the mass drymounting...always have to be more careful when it comes to chain stores. The price though is still really good. Even after 60% off at Aaron Brothers it comes to 350 after tax for archival framing 3 mattes and museum glass.
OpticBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:55 AM   #15
XMAN
Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
What is the name of the shop? I would like to check it out.
It's called the OJ gallery
920 third ave between 55th street and 56th.
Ask for Max.
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:59 AM   #16
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Thanks a lot, I will check it out.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:05 AM   #17
Luminous
Cyclops

I go to a Sam Flax nearby. My only options were Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and Sam Flax.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #18
XMAN
Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I go to a Sam Flax nearby. My only options were Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and Sam Flax.
Sam Flax does a great very professional job .......but take a long time (at least in my area) ,which is good if you're not in a hurry.
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #19
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
The store literally opened last week so I'm going to give it some time. They need to get someone in there that knows what they are doing. Right now I have zero confidence in them.
I know only the little I've learned from talking to the fantastic staff at a local Beard's, back when I lived in Oregon; same boat... the staff at a store in SLO had to "wait for management" to know what the Archival-Grade frames/matting were. Frustrating.

Getting that Itoya, but I'm going to visually sample Aaron Brothers and a local shop down the street.. the winner gets some business over time.

I think AB will win out, as the local shop's staff seems to be a couple in their 70's.

I miss Beard's immensely.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:22 PM   #20
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticBlast View Post
Sorry to hear that Monster. At least you found out before hand rather then after the mass drymounting...always have to be more careful when it comes to chain stores. The price though is still really good. Even after 60% off at Aaron Brothers it comes to 350 after tax for archival framing 3 mattes and museum glass.
I actually checked with Aaron Brothers after I left Hobby Lobby since they are in the same shopping center. The lady there knew exactly what she was doing but after going through the prices there was nothing under $400.00 with the 50% off sale and that was with only 2 mattes. I think the molding I'm picking out is what is bumping the price up.