Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 10-06-2019, 03:43 PM   #1
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

New Iron Man 2020 series

I remember picking up Amazing Spider Man Annual #20 in 1986. While the character of Arno Stark, the Iron Man of the year 2015 and Tony's nephew, first appeared in the pages of the excellent Machine Man limited series two years before, I had not read those issues yet.

I couldn't understand why someone from the future would be using a suit based on what was already an out-dated version of the Iron Man armor. The Silver Centurion armor had come out the year before and was clearly superior to this future design. Then Spider-Man punched the living nuts and bolts out of the character. I was, to say the least, unimpressed.

Now 34 years later we find ourselves a few short months away from the future of 2020 and Marvel is relaunched the ongoing Iron Man title as Iron Man 2020 and will feature a new Arno Stark, this time not being Tony's nephew, but his adoptive brother.

Cautiously looking forward to the title and despite still having those awful shoulder gears, the rest of the design looks a lot better.

Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 04:56 PM   #2
Mister H
Green Goblin

Has kind of an Ultron-ish face.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 03:40 PM   #3
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I much prefer if all new Iron Mans to be depicted with organic human type armour like the Bob Layton John Romita classic Iron Man.

I do not like the robocop armour

One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote