Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 01-11-2007, 06:12 PM   #31
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh.goodgrief View Post
This is my new favourite sentence in the English language.
To that, I can only say "word" my brother.
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:15 PM   #32
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrgghh!! View Post
Cool, I'll pick up Bolts, shoot for JSA # 1 if available .
Of course I read both JSA and T-bolts.

Word.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:18 PM   #33
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawg59 View Post
Kdawg’s Reviews

This week is also a slow week for me. Not too much on the stands or in my pull that I picked up, but my esteemed vato Sammy raises and interesting point or two…

1.) Many folks seem to like 52 but myself?… I have looked at the covers while moving on to the next book on the rack. It doesn’t interest me and if you asked me what it was about, I couldn’t tell you, and since you just asked me a question, it’s only fair that I ask one in return? Will anyone care in a year? Moving on….

2.) This one I wanted to take some serious time to editorialize on. Grant Morrison… I know there has been a bit of debate around here lately about whether or not he’s a good writer blah blah… I have nothing but hate bombs for the guy’s writing…

Did you hear that sound? … Yep it was a cannon firing my first hate bomb down… How dare he come into the already messed up X-Universe and destroy what every one of us here… especially me… holds so dear… JEAN GREY! We went through enough crap the first time they brought her back and he just went ahead and killed her again, further making one of the strongest female characters in the Marvel U a joke. Just like that… snap of the fingers Jeanie is dead again…What do we get in return? Beak? Xorn? Forgive me if I don’t wet myself with excitement. I sit back and wait for the day they finally bring her back again, hoping that it actually does happen. Obviously this cat didn’t give a rip when he killed her off on a whim.

What else did Morrison give us? Oh yes a completely ridiculous Beast… “Hey Frank Quietly… I just watched Disney’s Beauty and the Beast… wouldn’t it be fun to make Hank McCoy look like that? My niece will love it…”

Morrison is a @*%!* … Oh what else? Batman… “yeah Bats you got a kid from Talia, who would have killed Robin if the editor’s would have let me.”

So I didn’t mind his last Batman arc at all… but I will never ever forget what he did to the X-men… Your writing is worthy of hate Mr. Morrison… Go create your own universe, so you can kill your own characters you ass…

Whew… sorry about that guys… I know some of you like him and that’s cool…me… on to my reviews…

I gotta agree Morrison SUCKS his X-Men was a travesty and his JLA was overrated. I will say I loved his ANIMAL MAN though it was great and unique but otherwise he is horrible.

I disagree however on your 52 assumption. READ IT This has been a amazing ride and it's now starting to pay-off. It's sad to think we have only 16 issues left , a lot will happen . Though I'm not happy with the death of SPOILER

Animal Man (it was a stupid uneventful death) He will be back, the rest of the series is great . They made you think they were going to kill the Question and I think he will make it , now. Who is Supernova (er Waverider) , now we have Rip Hunter (always liked him) I can't wait till next week . Hats off to DC
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:41 PM   #34
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson View Post
So you're saying Ellis is above you and you aren't ready for him yet? It's okay Mike, I heard Grant Morrison still has a blankey too...

You had all day to think of a comeback and this is the best you could do?

Hate away Sam, I'd take Beak and Xorn anyday over Sentry and Ronin.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:42 PM   #35
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson View Post
So you're saying Ellis is above you and you aren't ready for him yet? It's okay Mike, I heard Grant Morrison still has a blankey too...

You had all day to think of a comeback and this is the best you could do?

You're slipping.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:38 PM   #36
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
Hate away Sam, I'd take Beak and Xorn
And that is why I will always win and you will always be a momo. Momo.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:50 PM   #37
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I have some Thunderbolts questions (maybe these are answered in their series or in Civil War Frontline...?):

When did Norman (GG) Osborn get out of jail? Last I saw he was in prison when Spidey unmasked.

When did he and Tony speak?

What authority does Tony have to grant him both immunity and directorship over the new Thunderbolts?

Zemo's absence is explained but what happened to Atlas?
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 02:15 PM   #38
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Any help with my Thunderbolts question?
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:23 PM   #39
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Atlas's comatose and very large body is currently plugging a breach between dimensions, I think. It was left in the Zemo Grandmaster battle, Atlas expanded beyond his previous limits to fill it. Some of his ionic energy returned to Dallas O'Riordan. Again. I should be able to explain it better, I just read it the other day, but like I wrote above, Thunderbolts has been bonkers for years.

By the way, I belatedly picked up War Crimes, and enjoyed it a lot. Thanks! Fisk would have been a much better choice to organise the Thunderbolts, in my opinion.

Then again, I'm someone who thinks Norman Osborn should never be used again so we can all pretend that one of the greatest storylines in comics, ASM 121-122, had never been pointlessly and sacrilegiously contradicted.

Last edited by JDH; 01-13-2007 at 03:27 PM.
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:27 PM   #40
JLM
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

You've obviously got folk stumped with your questions. I don't know either.

On the immunity point though, IIRC isn't there some mention by Tony Stark in Civil War about the pro-reg side being given 12 immunities for the anti-reg heroes? Tony says he'll do something about that when he has dinner with the President. If the President is only prepared to grant 12 immunities to heroes, seems pretty unlikely he'd grant any immunity to some of the most dangerous villains in the MU. Unless Tony Stark is just so darn persuasive....
JLM is offline   Reply With Quote