Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-16-2018, 04:52 AM   #24411
sylvan
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Peppermint

Peppermint - John wick female version 7/10������
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:26 AM   #24412
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
It’s okay I fixed your score for you.
haha, you’re prolly right. I’m just not a huge horror fan, but my brother insisted I watched it. It’s an excellent movie, so my score is prolly lower due to my not being a big horror fan.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:19 PM   #24413
Vracula
Jedi Order

Captain America :Winter Soldier

I know that some of you consider this the greatest of the Marvel movies, I just don't remember its being that great, GOTG is in that spot for me. So yesterday I thought I would give it another shot and see what the fuss is about, the wife was keen as well. And I have to say it is far better than I remembered, the action is scintillating but the way they used Cap's shield in every situation is the best I have seen of any Superhero , Batman including. The hand to hand to combat was great unfortunately ruined by ----ty 'Jason Bourne edits' .
The story is great again with a good bit of intrigue.
I still don't like the actor who plays Bucky Barnes for some reason.I don't know what it is about him, he is just dull.
But apart from my minor complaints , in the grand scheme of things I see it , I finally see what people like about this movie. Upgrading my score to a 9/10.
The wifey enjoyed it too.

Also this movie really made me conscious about the fact that there is no Black Widow solo movie,which is probably Marvels biggest mistake.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:49 PM   #24414
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Catching up n some films I missed today

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - 7.5/10 Thoroughly entertaining but still not quite as good as the best Potter films.

Halloween 2018 - 7.5/10 A return to the basics of the series but that also means it's pretty formulaic. Probably the best in the series in decades though.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:29 PM   #24415
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
It’s okay I fixed your score for you.
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:39 PM   #24416
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post

I know that some of you consider this the greatest of the Marvel movies, I just don't remember its being that great, GOTG is in that spot for me. So yesterday I thought I would give it another shot and see what the fuss is about, the wife was keen as well. And I have to say it is far better than I remembered, the action is scintillating but the way they used Cap's shield in every situation is the best I have seen of any Superhero , Batman including. The hand to hand to combat was great unfortunately ruined by ----ty 'Jason Bourne edits' .
I still don't like the actor who plays Bucky Barnes for some reason.I don't know what it is about him, he is just dull.
But apart from my minor complaints , in the grand scheme of things I see it , I finally see what people like about this movie. Upgrading my score to a 9/10.

Also this movie really made me conscious about the fact that there is no Black Widow solo movie,which is probably Marvels biggest mistake.
I think they'll rectify the Black Widowless solo film need in the next couple years. I want to say it's tentatively slated for 2020
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:47 PM   #24417
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I think they'll rectify the Black Widowless solo film need in the next couple years. I want to say it's tentatively slated for 2020
I knew there was one in the works, just way too late IMHO. The problem is BW is not something u can sell to the kids and that's the problem.
A BW and Hawkeye teamup movie after the first avengers would have been awesome.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 03:04 AM   #24418
built2shred
Phoenix

I think if they did a Black Widow film they would probably do a early prequel of when she was young so it would probably be a different actress... how she became Black Widow and some of her first missions.... that would be my guess as Scarlett Johansson has always been a side kick in all the other movies I'm not sure her character as an Avenger is deep enough to command her own movie. Now as an assassin before SHIELD found her that would be more interesting IMO.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:46 AM   #24419
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Watch it a couple more times, I promise you will get to the 10/10 I promise

I think that doing a Black Widow movie now would be viewed as an attempt to match Wonder Woman hype OR the women's empowerment movement that people are overly sensitive about, despite her being in the Marvel movies for over a decade. I agree with Built that they should make a movie pre-Avengers. Delve into her being a Russian assassin and not so nice, they should use the Red Room retconned story that was mentioned in the movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post

Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:43 AM   #24420
risingstar
Jedi Order

Peppermint - 7/10
Jennifer Garner can put the kibosh on Scarlet Johannson in her sleep.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote