Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-28-2017, 07:30 PM   #2651
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Actually you didn't say it first FJC ssid it first you're probably fourth on the list now stop yammering.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:34 PM   #2652
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

It makes me wonder. When you have a P1 piece like Guts- a bigger statue with more detail and 7 changeable parts -- all going for 1k....
where does sideshow come up with the $1,200.00? Is it that they have more notable artists working on this statue which inflates the price? or is it because the edition size might be smaller (I guess we'll have to wait and see what the Standard Edition will amount to to know for certain)
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:34 PM   #2653
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The problem is Sideshow is already charging eBay flipper prices on this.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:39 PM   #2654
Y3E
Gen 13

I can see why SS is charging $1200 for this piece. Not to mention the detail but look at the size of Thanos, the actual bulk of it compared to say P1 Guts, who is 35" in height with the sword but he has no bulk.

Unless the modeler is a short guy, Thanos is as big as the guy's torso.

Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:48 PM   #2655
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Actually you didn't say it first FJC ssid it first you're probably fourth on the list now stop yammering.
Sorry. I usually dont read all posts. Ok i was fourth in predicting day 1? But i said 1-2 HOURS. Noone said 1-2 hours at most.

Then i bet that BEFORE this masterpiece gets in our hands, the price @ ebay will fetch 3k ! Yes, BEFORE it gets in our hands! Give it 2-3 years time and the EX will fetch 5k-6k ! It is HUGE, it will make Doom on throne or Magneto look PUNY! 3k before release, 5k-6k 1-2 years after!

This thing will fetch CRAZY prices! Flippers know this.

Thursday is going to be a bloodbath ! Brace yourselves!
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:54 PM   #2656
SludgesicleMan
Mephisto

I think this is gonna make people sit back and think, "Why the hell are we wasting our money on this pointless ----?"
SludgesicleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:59 PM   #2657
Garentz
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

5-6k i'm sorry but you have no sense of realities. This statue is not even worth 1200$. The price is already 400-500$ too much.

It would be crazy to buy it for 2k or even more on the after market considering that the original price is already outrageously overpriced.

Where this world goes, this is very worrying...
Garentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:04 PM   #2658
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

"Thursday is going to be a bloodbath ! Brace yourselves!"

Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:06 PM   #2659
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

I really don't care about the switch out arm and I didn't want light up features. This statues is absolutely perfect in my book and given how damn big the thing is, I have no problem plopping down $1200 for it. Then again I have over $500 in reward points so once I use those, I will only be paying around $700 for it. Im all in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garentz;5418468[B
]5-6k i'm sorry but you have no sense of realities. This statue is not even worth 1200$. The price is already 400-500$ too much.[/B]

It would be crazy to buy it for 2k or even more on the after market considering that the original price is already outrageously overpriced.

Where this world goes, this is very worrying...
What a statue is worth is purely subjective. You may not think its worth $1200, but I certainly do. And where this world is going is very worrying. We have an egotistical maniac as a president of the US, Putin is a complete nutbag, North Korea wants to nuke everyone, global warming and climate change will cause severe problems for everyone down the road, and the list goes on and on. If you were to make a list of 1000 of the worlds biggest problems, collecting and the amount of money people are willing to spend on their collecting hobbies woudn't even make the list.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:15 PM   #2660
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-9 View Post
is that you CBG?
No it's not me. I like SS a lot with the master sculpters they have. But I'm not going this far about them destroying xm and p1 which I also love as much. Sure ss rules on portraits and I also love the p1 comic portraits as much. But everyone has flaws.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote