Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-06-2019, 03:18 PM   #21
B_dub345
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I'd stylize and simplify the dragon on the base more. Right now it has too much of an Asian influence, which skews the pice as a whole for me.
Hands should definitely be larger. They look out of scale. They look almost 1/6-1/5 on a 1/3 figure.

Otherwise, very nice!
If I'm not mistaken I believe that's not a dragon, that's the world serpent from Norse mythology. It looks to me like many of the other elements on the base are Norse mythology based as well.

I bet XM is still salty they couldn't make that traditional Norse thor from a few years ago. I am too tbh. That was exactly what I'm looking for.
B_dub345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:21 PM   #22
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

If anyone from XM or Legendary Beasts Studios sees this then please make a Bob Layton style Classic Iron man next to complete the big 3.

majestic1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:26 PM   #23
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_dub345 View Post
If I'm not mistaken I believe that's not a dragon, that's the world serpent from Norse mythology. It looks to me like many of the other elements on the base are Norse mythology based as well.

I bet XM is still salty they couldn't make that traditional Norse thor from a few years ago. I am too tbh. That was exactly what I'm looking for.

In another thread, SonicCobra said that Caleb N. was going to do a line of viking related statues. Hopefully one of them looks suspiciously close to that Thor that was cancelled.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:26 PM   #24
Amazing Peter
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Any idea on ball park price range I have no idea about xm pieces but man this is awesome
Amazing Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:27 PM   #25
Mister H
Gen 13

Over 1k I'm sure.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:27 PM   #26
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I'd stylize and simplify the dragon on the base more. Right now it has too much of an Asian influence, which skews the pice as a whole for me.
Hands should definitely be larger. They look out of scale. They look almost 1/6-1/5 on a 1/3 figure.

Otherwise, very nice!
I think the dragon is either Fafnir or the World Snake. I can see what you’re saying although I’m fine with it. I love the base and the mythology it depicts. I feel somewhere between Thor and God of War

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
More pics of the base, Yggdrasil the world tree, Surtur and his army VS the Asgardians, The 3 Norns of fate, Loki.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 04:11 PM   #27
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_dub345 View Post
The base art is indeed based on Norse mythology but also it's based on the famous Walt Simonson run of Thor, in that run Surtur attacks Asgard which is depicted on the base, Thor battles Jormungand The World Serpent, Beta Ray Bill is on there who is a Simonson introduced character, the 3 Norn sisters of Fate have a storyline in his run as well.

The World Serpent from Simonsons Thor run -

majestic1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 04:14 PM   #28
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
If anyone from XM or Legendary Beasts Studios sees this then please make a Bob Layton style Classic Iron man next to complete the big 3.
Yes please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Peter View Post
Any idea on ball park price range I have no idea about xm pieces but man this is awesome
I think it will be around what their Captain America cost. To be safe I'd add on $100-$200 more. Not counting shipping and taxes.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 04:15 PM   #29
Mister Ski
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Peter View Post
The Captain America was $1175 USD plus whatever shipping ends up being - probably ~$200USD, so ~$1400USD total for Cap.

My guess on Thor is it will be $1500 USD plus shipping.
Mister Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 04:29 PM   #30
Demona
Martian Manhunter

IMO $1500 for this 1:3 Thor, plus shipping is worth it. He is amazing and a solid anchor for any Thor collector. There isn't any other company doing 1:3 Marvel, right?

Prime 1 hasn't released anything, only DC and video games.

If there was a 1:3 Storm that looked this majestic, I would buy it at this price.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote