Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-07-2020, 10:20 PM   #121
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I did not think that Green Lantern was that bad of a movie. I still think that Sinestro should have been the villain and not Parallax but I thought Ryan Reynolds was ok and I like Blake Lively as Carol Ferris and was hoping we could have seen a sequel with Carol as Star Sapphire.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:55 PM   #122
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Lol thats the much more popular opinion for sure and I’m not saying it didn’t have it’s problems but I thought there was a lot of good in it too. Sinestro was awesome, I liked the parallax tie in and the scenes on Oa. I don’t know it’s not the first movie I’ve liked most did not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I thought it was an ok movie... I liked it better than the last Harley movie...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Yeah, GL was far from the worst comic book movie. The humor was a bit much and I wasn’t sold on RR as Hal but Sinestro & the GL Corps were all well done. I think there was plenty to build on despite the film’s shortcomings. I’d watch it again over my least favorite MCU films: Iron Man 3, Captain Marvel and GOTG2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I did not think that Green Lantern was that bad of a movie. I still think that Sinestro should have been the villain and not Parallax but I thought Ryan Reynolds was ok and I like Blake Lively as Carol Ferris and was hoping we could have seen a sequel with Carol as Star Sapphire.
I'll give you guys one of the main reasons I detest that film, and it's not the obvious "Paralax cloud" thing either, though that's atrocious too.

Towards the climax of the film Hal goes and pleas for the GL's to help him save earth and fight Parallax. Now despite being A. What the Green Lanterns were created for and B. Fighting him on earth would let the rest of the Lanterns fortify OA they say no.

So then after the battle at the end as Hal is falling into the sun, these three jackwagons show up to "save" him and then they have this big party on OA, "Yay Hal saved the day".

A. Hal hates the Guardians for just this type of stuff and B. he'd have given them all the finger for pulling that crap and then patting themselves on the back like they did it. It just goes against everything the Lanterns are and instead makes it another snooze fest.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 12:42 AM   #123
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I think I will have to re-watch this movie. I saw it when it was either on HBO or On Demand and I think that this was in 2013 or 2014. Maybe seeing it now my opinion would change.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 08:05 PM   #124
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Trailer looked great! I am so pumped for this 4 hour epic (yes, Snyder confirmed today it is 4 1-hour parts).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 10:17 PM   #125
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Trailer looked great! I am so pumped for this 4 hour epic (yes, Snyder confirmed today it is 4 1-hour parts).
What trailer?

N/M, I found Snyder's Cut Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z651...ature=emb_logo

Looks like Darkseid will now be the main villain...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 10:20 PM   #126
Vallos
Jubilee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u77M-oANRtQ
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 11:02 PM   #127
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

I'm sorry, Darkseid looks like a PS2 action game Villain. He didn't use much of that 30mil on CGI I guess.
Old 08-22-2020, 11:36 PM   #128
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Wow, 4 hours. I wonder if they'll keep the original plot line or if they need to make a sequel for that, which probably won't happen. I'm curious if Superman will still be a villain or not.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 02:33 AM   #129
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I'm sorry, Darkseid looks like a PS2 action game Villain. He didn't use much of that 30mil on CGI I guess.
I had the same issue with Wonder Woman's CGI, it was pretty awful...

DC went all out on CGI on Man of Steel then after that they hired some new company to do the CGI and it's been terrible since then...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 02:53 AM   #130
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I had the same issue with Wonder Woman's CGI, it was pretty awful...

DC went all out on CGI on Man of Steel then after that they hired some new company to do the CGI and it's been terrible since then...
The new WW trailer looks pretty great. I'm wondering if its a question of budget. I mean, Thanos looked amazing but they also spent the bank on those movies. So I'm thinking since the first WW did so well they gave her more money to play with.