Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 08-21-2013, 07:07 AM   #1
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Smile JPSARRI'S COMICBOOK VIDEO REVIEWS

Hello there,

My name is Jean Paul but my friends call me JP. You might know me by my forum name: JP Sarri. Like many of you, I have always had a passion for graphic novels, super heroes and heroines. Since I remember, back in the 80's as a young boy I spent countless hours going throught my father's old comics collection even without his permission (thanks dad!) and I devoured page after page of extraordinary worlds, damsels in distress and princes in disguise.

My early contact with this facinating universe has left a remarkable mark in my life that up to this day is and continues to be the driven force for everything I do. Loyalty, friendship, honor, hard work, imagination, just to name a few, are some of the values that graphic novels have bestowed upon generations of young boys and girls all over the world, from different social, economical and religious backgrounds. Comics have the power to build and to change a young reader's mind.

My desire for opening this thread is to share with you what has been shared with me. My video reviews are not quick glances but they are not a college exegesis either. They are intended to inform and to entice viewers to appreciate and to support the comics and its creators. My main focus is to review Comics collections, Omnibuses, Absolute Editions, etc. And my taste is very eclectic, so it ranges from Marvel to DC, Image to Dynamite and everything in between.

Thanks for checking this thread out and welcome to my world. Let's have some fun!!
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:24 AM   #2
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

First order of the day is, Marvel the Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol. 1 by David Michelinie and Todd McFarlane. This collection contains one of the most iconic representations of Spidey of the past era and it was a tremendous game changer for the industry.

The Amazing Spider-Man by David Michelinie & Todd McFarlane Vol. 1 Omnibus Video Review

The Amazing Spider-Man by David Michelinie & Todd McFarlane Vol. 1 Omnibus Video Review
Old 08-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
Reme Lebeau
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
Adamantium Member

Nice work. I love this book!
Reme Lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #4
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reme Lebeau View Post
Nice work. I love this book!
Thanks buddy!! I'm glad you liked it.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:34 AM   #5
ednawilson
Doh!

One of the best comic of Spider Man. My friend of mine have this comic which I borrow but I forgot to return it to him.
ednawilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #6
ednawilson
Doh!

One of the best comic of Spider Man. My friend of mine have this comic which I borrow but I forgot to return it to him.
ednawilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #7
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednawilson View Post
Well played.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:58 AM   #8
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Hello, Forum Members!!

If there is team that deserves a homage in the pantheon of superheroes, there is no other more worthy than the Fantastic Four. This "fantastic" bunch has contributed to the allure of the Marvel universe more than any other and continues to do so up to this very day.

Now, if there is a writer and an artist that deserves the credit for the survival of this comic book, look at no other than John Byrne. Loved and hated, revered and dismissed, those are the adjectives that describe the prolific life work of this great author and penciler. But one thing is for sure, regardless of what type of feelings you have towards Mr. Byrne, there is a sense of awe for all of his accomplishments and for his greater impact to the world of comics.

Here it is The Fantastic Four by John Byrne vol. 1 Omnibus review:

The Fantastic Four by John Byrne Vol. 1 Omnibus Video Review

The Fantastic Four by John Byrne Vol. 1 Omnibus Video Review

Thanks for watching!
Old 09-05-2013, 05:56 AM   #9
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

When talking about the X-Men, you cannot forget the work of Chris Claremont. His contribution to the franchise has defined the Marvel Universe in ways that unto this day, we are witnessing its repercussions. Chris Claremont's 16 year run is as memorable as his colaboration with so many great artists of the era.

Accompanied by Marc Silvestri and a new kid by the name of Jim Lee (you might know him) on this collection, Claremont created some of the most praised issues of the Uncanny X-Men's life span.

Here it is; my video review of The X-Men by Chris Claremont Vol. 1 Omnibus, with new remastered colors, a high quality hardcover binder, and in a great deluxe size.

X-Men Vol. 1 Omnibus by Chris Claremont/ Marc Silvestri/ Jim Lee Video Review

X-Men Vol. 1 Omnibus by Chris Claremont/ Marc Silvestri/ Jim Lee Video Review

Thanks for watching!
Old 09-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #10
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Have you witness the death of a star? How brighter it gets while getting smaller? Then to culminate in a explosion of color beyond anything else we have ever seen in the entire cosmos? Although, it is hard to experience the spectacle of a supernova with the naked eye, metaphorically we have seen it in Chris Claremont's extraordinary work with the X-Men.

For those that had the privilege of reading the comics in the early 90's, this was the end of an era and the beginning of a new one. Storytelling giving way to fresh new art styles and concepts. Well-stablished artists and authors giving way to a younger, hungry and talented generation. And although it was an exciting moment in time, comics have never been the same since.

Here it is, my video review of The X-Men Omnibus Vol. 2 by Chris Claremont, Jim Lee and Whilce Portacio:

X-Men Vol. 2 Omnibus by Chris Claremont/ Jim Lee/ Whilce Portacio Video Review

X-Men Vol. 2 Omnibus by Chris Claremont/ Jim Lee/ Whilce Portacio Video Review

Thanks for watching. Please, like, comment and subscribe!