Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-05-2008, 03:43 AM   #21
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

If you're a big X-File fans then it's definitely worth a watch, and it's nice to revisit with the two main characters again, but after it's all said and done you may walk away thinking "is that it?". It's okay, it's certainly not bad, it's just not particularly special in any way, and really doesn't add anything much to the characters or mythos.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:06 AM   #22
Closetnerd
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer! View Post
If you're a big X-File fans then it's definitely worth a watch, and it's nice to revisit with the two main characters again, but after it's all said and done you may walk away thinking "is that it?". It's okay, it's certainly not bad, it's just not particularly special in any way, and really doesn't add anything much to the characters or mythos.
Well stated.........
Closetnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:06 PM   #23
fossa2
Like a Phoenix...

*BIG* disappointment. This from a guy who was a *HUGE* fan of the show during it's 9 year run & collected mucho merchandise during that time. They had over 5 years to come up with a *GREAT* story & the best they could do was a psychotic pedophilic serial killer priest?!?

fossa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:05 AM   #24
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossa2 View Post

*BIG* disappointment. This from a guy who was a *HUGE* fan of the show during it's 9 year run & collected mucho merchandise during that time. They had over 5 years to come up with a *GREAT* story & the best they could do was a psychotic pedophilic serial killer priest?!?

In all fairness they did state that they didnt want to make a mythos Xfiles. They wanted a self contained movie, which they sure in hell did. X-files is a thing of the past and doubt they could make a great movie off it anymore now-a-days.

I am sure it was a quick buck movie, which is why i still only like to watch the show before molder left.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:18 AM   #25
Derdevil
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I enjoyed it when I saw it. I think just seeing Mulder and Scully together again is worth it. I also have to say that the story was a little different than I expected. I actually felt that it was more of a Millennium story than an X-Files story. Millennium was one of my favorite shows though, so that still worked for me. But it had more of that feel for me. I did like it, and I will buy it on DVD, but I will wait for the price to come down. I'm not in a rush to pay full price.
Derdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:18 AM   #26
Tattoo-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
In all fairness they did state that they didnt want to make a mythos Xfiles. They wanted a self contained movie, which they sure in hell did. X-files is a thing of the past and doubt they could make a great movie off it anymore now-a-days.

I am sure it was a quick buck movie, which is why i still only like to watch the show before molder left.
I might add, that sure, you would think Chris Carter had all that time to plan it out. Which he should have had an outline. But he didn't start writing it until FOX gave him the go ahead. So the whole film from the ok from FOX to the screen was pretty short.

BTW, I didn't think they said anywhere in the movie that the preist was a killer, much less a serial killer.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:23 AM   #27
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

I think the only problem i had with the film was, when was this time period for Molder and Scully? It sure wasnt right after the movie or the show was it?

Seems like it we missed a few years of their lives when this movie took place. Unless i missed or forgot something.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:35 AM   #28
Tattoo-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
I think the only problem i had with the film was, when was this time period for Molder and Scully? It sure wasnt right after the movie or the show was it?

Seems like it we missed a few years of their lives when this movie took place. Unless i missed or forgot something.
Both movies and the series was suppose to be chronological with present time. So the movie is based years after the series ended.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:47 AM   #29
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Rented this the other day and liked it a lot.
Have to agree the story is out of expectation but overall an enjoyable movie.

At least it was worth the rent price.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:54 AM   #30
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
Or maybe (queue the X-Files theme) ... Al IS Drod and/or Galactus!!!!! Ha!

That would explain the bag over his head.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote