Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 12-10-2014, 01:05 AM   #21
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox117 View Post
http://youtu.be/gDLJ6S-Br0E
http://youtu.be/_iTw4EL_gAc

That's kind of a sore subject I went to Vegas planning on picking one up. When the show floor doors opened, I ran in looking for them. I asked one of the Sony staff where they were. She replied "They're all sold out" !!! I asked her how? When? She said they only had 100 for the show and that they passed out tickets to purchase them at 3am So pretty much only the media guys and their friends got them. No problem I'll get one when I get back home from Game Stop or Best Buy. Later that night I found out they went for sale online while I was at the show and that they were all sold out They popped up on eBay right away. That one that "sold" for 20K is BS. The bidders had little or no feedback and there were plenty of others to bid on without going that high. They are all numbered. So unfortunately if you want one your going to have to PAY$$$$ I've been watching them since Saturday and the ending prices keep rising . On Sat you could of got one for under a grand now they hover around $1800 to $$1900 . I think people didn't realize that they aren't releasing any more and now that they do is the reason prices are going up. Many of them are one day auctions and end almost back to back. I made offers but no takers . I've also tried bidding but didn't because the price went higher than what I was going to bid in the last five minutes. So in the end I had to bid high get one.
I'm still confused.

Aren't there supposed to be 12,500 of these things?
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:05 AM   #22
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
I'm still confused.

It was 12,300 but that number is globally. Not sure how it's divided . I imagine North America (US , Canada , Mexico) Europe, Japan, Australia etc. So then they divide that initial 12,300 to those regions. I would guess NA might of received 3000 units. That sounds like a lot but when you consider that as of Sept 2014 they have shipped 13.5 million units worldwide that 12,300 isn't much.
Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:04 AM   #23
Grayfox117

If your in the UK, you still have a chance to get them at retail.

https://www.nerdist.com/2014/12/gami...-ps4-consoles/
Old 12-10-2014, 11:28 AM   #24
Y3E
Gen 13

I hope people are not paying these crazy prices for the 20th anniversary console. That's nut. Sure it is nice to have but hell, it is only color and name plate. Sure it has the nice embossed symbols but is it worth paying that much $$ for it?
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:30 AM   #25
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
I'm still confused.

That sounds like a lot to you? Because Sony sold 650,000 PS4s worldwide last WEEK. This retro PS4 is almost universally loved. I'm surprised these aren't going for more than $2,000.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:32 PM   #26
Grayfox117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I hope people are not paying these crazy prices for the 20th anniversary console. That's nut. Sure it is nice to have but hell, it is only color and name plate. Sure it has the nice embossed symbols but is it worth paying that much $$ for it?

When it comes to collecting, people pay crazy prices for what ever they feel passionate about. My friends call me crazy for paying $1600 ( six years ago) for my Shin Akuma. To me statue collecting is a byproduct of being a gamer. I love playing games and have a lot of gaming related items. Some of which cost more than my statues.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:18 PM   #27
Y3E
Gen 13

Read that someone paid $20000 for an anniv edition. Whether the sale went through I don't know. Now that is crazy.

On another note, the console went on sale in Canada (Sony store) this morning and like the US counterpart, system crashed. I had one in my cart, and when I went to submit, it said, "Generic error". Store sold out in minutes so it makes you wonder if the rumors of Sony US overselling pre-orders and Canada getting very little consoles for sale but I am sure we had a piddly amount allocated to us anyways.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:34 PM   #28
Grayfox117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Read that someone paid $20000 for an anniv edition. Whether the sale went through I don't know. Now that is crazy.

On another note, the console went one sale in Canada (Sony store) this morning and like the US counterpart, system crashed. I had one in my cart, and when I went to submit, it said, "Generic error". Store sold out in minutes so it makes you wonder if the rumors of Sony US overselling pre-orders and Canada getting very little consoles for sale but I am sure we had a piddly amount allocated to us anyways.
Yeah, I remember watching that the weekend they first sold out. It was bogus. Almost all the bidders had zero feedback. At the same time that one was being bid on, there were at least 20 others listed. So there was no reason for the bids to go that high. Sorry you couldn't get one. I ended up bidding and finally winning one. Now just waiting for it to get sent out.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:58 PM   #29
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

This PS4 is a flipper's dream. A good number are making $1000+ profit. When I saw it, I didn't want it. I like the normal black version. The gray reminds me of the days of putting the PlayStation on it's side and upside down to get it to load discs. The look doesn't fit with my setup either.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 06:22 PM   #30
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
This PS4 is a flipper's dream. A good number are making $1000+ profit. When I saw it, I didn't want it. I like the normal black version. The gray reminds me of the days of putting the PlayStation on it's side and upside down to get it to load discs. The look doesn't fit with my setup either.
Holy cr@p Replicant, I remember doing that to mine. LOL, good times.