Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-27-2015, 08:11 PM   #11
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

We don't want to carry stock, it's a massive piece.

Horus isn't just a head change, it's paint, tassels and electronics.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:26 PM   #12
Viking28
U talkin' to me?

I would try to keep the price around Anubis, I think once the pictures start flowing in he will sell out.
Or give people who bought Anubis a discount on Horus and it would be a first come basis.
Ya 2k would price us out on purchasing Horus.
Viking28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:29 PM   #13
IXEC
Hellboy

Can we see Horus, please....
IXEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:42 PM   #14
Vader
Ghost

Just make the edition size larger and match the price to Anubis. We are getting killed with shipping as it is. 2k + shipping would price a lot of fans out of contention. I resisted buying fan made pieces on the understanding this would be available at a comparable price to Anubis.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:39 PM   #15
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

I would like to see Anubis in hand first before I order another mask. Especially at $700 more.
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:40 PM   #16
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

While I like all things StarGate, I don't like it enough to drop 2k on Horus.

From the sound of it, you don't want to carry extra stock of Horus, and the 2k price tag is directly related to increased costs of doing a lower production run at the factory...getting a feeling that no Horus or Ra will be coming at 1:1 scale, period. If that is to happen, I again request something like a 1/2 scale versions. I sincerely hope the interest in Stargate products isn't being judged on how well a 1:1 Anubis sells at $1300+. It's a fantastic piece that will probably never be made again by anyone, but it's just too darn expensive for the average Joe to commit to with everything else out there competing for our money. Give me some cheaper options and you will have my permission to count my money I give to you in front of me....

Man oh man, what I wouldn't do to be able to afford everything CC is dishing out. I feel like it's a one time opportunity to own with every release, and that no one else will ever bother with such care for accuracy, assuming they bother at all
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:46 PM   #17
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Paul, why don't you consider making a Horus in a smaller scale?

As Enforcer suggested, perhaps a 1:2 scale bust or even a 1:4 scale full maquette. I think you would reach a larger market with the smaller scale stuff. I know I can't fit anything 1:1 in my home and I'd love a Stargate piece of either Horus or Anubis.

I think displaying a 1:1 scale bust of Anubis along with a 1:4 scale full maquette would really shine in collections.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:01 PM   #18
Vader
Ghost

Forget a smaller scale.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:30 PM   #19
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

From what I am understanding, it's either go smaller scale or get nothing at all. The reaction to a 2k piece is not positive so far and we know once Paul has formed an opinion/belief on something, it's difficult to convince him otherwise(Robocop)

If he doesn't want to carry overstock of a 1:1 Horus at 200 pieces and $1300, you can be sure he won't, and since no one seems to be supporting the idea of a $2k Horus limited to 50 pieces...

How much would a run of 100 lower the price to? If there's a few dozen of Anubis left, surely 100 of Horus will sell out. I'm thinking the absolute max they can go for is $1500 or else it will be the long LONG haul for Horus sales.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:55 PM   #20
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

I agree that 2K is a lot, but then I see other companies selling less for a lot more, considerably more.

We may take a pass, even with our current sales Stargate just doesn't seem to be that popular or it could be the size and shipping.

Was informed tonight that ten people have cancelled their orders due to higher shipping and a few wanting to but JP products instead.

Sorry guys I think this one will be one and done.

And if you are waiting on your product, we got them in on Friday, we've had to sort all three boxes and get the matching numbers together. We've had to ship to MGM first and now we have been shipping every day. Due to the size Fed Ex has limited how many they will pick up each day.

We try to ship quickly, but not fast enough evidently...

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote