Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 02-10-2014, 07:16 PM   #31
Royd
Producer
Producer

Thanks for the positive comment mate It just gets a little frustrating at times *sigh*

To add to your list - Chris Claremont, Gail Simone and the Man of Action studio - although most of those were writers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Please do Royd, we love ya for it! Just thinking about the Supanova guests in the last 12 months alone:

Dave Gibbons
Leinil Yu
Mark Brooks
George Perez
Terry Dodson
Alex Saviuk
Joe Jusko
John Higgins

and others, I personally think there's no comparison that can be made (yet).
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:18 PM   #32
Royd
Producer
Producer

And if you check the Supanova April thread, I wasn't the one who introduced OzCC into the topic But I don't have a problem with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
Well, I think it was relevant to the topic but we both commented on Supanova as well as others

Last edited by Royd; 02-10-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:40 PM   #33
lordrycon
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

My one hope for this partnership between ReedPop & OCC is that it may help get some of the big companies involved in showcasing at the event.

Maybe it will be more of an expo this time with maybe Marvel and DC getting directly involved, Sideshow Collectibles etc.

I think this is the main area where all Aussie cons have room for improvement, it does get frustrating when you go to Nova, OCC and Arma and they are all the same dealers selling the same stock for the same price... but thats a different gripe.

Dealers dont tend to get into the convention spirit, instead they add convenience tax to everything.
lordrycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:43 AM   #34
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Yeah, like any prominent international comics guest for Adelaide would be a good start. Brad Walker still not listed on the site anywhere, month and a half to go.
I just left a post on one of the threads on their Facebook page about this, indicating that it wasn't exactly the best way to promote an international guest. Will have to wait to see what they come back with.

The only way at the moment you will see that he is coming is if you happen to be looking at the top of the screen when his name flashes up as it cycles through all the guests.
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:48 AM   #35
Peasant
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrycon View Post
My one hope for this partnership between ReedPop & OCC is that it may help get some of the big companies involved in showcasing at the event.

Maybe it will be more of an expo this time with maybe Marvel and DC getting directly involved, Sideshow Collectibles etc.

I think this is the main area where all Aussie cons have room for improvement, it does get frustrating when you go to Nova, OCC and Arma and they are all the same dealers selling the same stock for the same price... but thats a different gripe.

Dealers dont tend to get into the convention spirit, instead they add convenience tax to everything.
Couldn't put it better myself!

I'm sure Royd is doing all he can for us though…right? RRIIIGGGGHHHHTTTT???? *looks over to Royd*
Peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:07 AM   #36
Royd
Producer
Producer

LOL! I'll let you guys decide whether I've been doing a good job once the June announcements start

Barring unforseen cancellations (thankfully the comics creators tend to be reliable), there should be at least 2, maybe 3 international comics artists sketching as well as talented local comics artists who will also be sketching!

Plus other guests! I'd love to say more but it's a balancing act working out the timing of announcements!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasant View Post
Couldn't put it better myself!

I'm sure Royd is doing all he can for us though…right? RRIIIGGGGHHHHTTTT???? *looks over to Royd*

Last edited by Royd; 02-11-2014 at 04:33 AM.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:40 AM   #37
Peasant

Quote:
LOL! I'll let you guys decide whether I've been doing a good job once the June announcements start

Barring unforseen cancellations (thankfully the comics creators tend to be reliable), there should be at least 2, maybe 3 international comics artists sketching as well as talented local comics artists who will also be sketching!

Plus other guests! I'd love to say more but it's a balancing act working out the timing of announcements!
Wait what!? You mean to tell us that you haven't announced EVERYONE yet??? C'mon Royd, we're your fellow SF pals!!! Surely you'll announce it here for us first before anywhere else…rrriiiiggghhhttt????
Peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:04 AM   #38
MrSinister
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
I look forward to it! The Roydster ALWAYS delivers top results
MrSinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:34 AM   #39
Royd
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
I look forward to it! The Roydster ALWAYS delivers top results
Old 02-11-2014, 07:25 PM   #40
Woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrothy View Post
The only way at the moment you will see that he is coming is if you happen to be looking at the top of the screen when his name flashes up as it cycles through all the guests.
I hadn't noticed that mate, good pick up. While that's reassuring that he really is coming, it almost makes it even more puzzling why they haven't fixed it on the guest page.
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote