Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-25-2016, 12:04 PM   #141
Parallax
Nightwing

I love BvS for what it is, but I'll never deny that it could have and should have been better. I don't like Doomsday at all and while I think the death of Superman was important in bringing people to appreciate what he does, I would have rather had Doomsday sit this one out. It was a movie with nearly 3 years of hype so it's hard to live up to expectations. Justice League is going to be dealing with the same thing. As big as Marvel is and always has been, my generation didn't grow up watching the Avengers. We grew up watching Batman and the Justice League and because of that there's a certain level of expectations and nostalgia that need to be met. I really loved the Justice League footage. It made me very emotional to see them together like that. I'd be perfectly happy with the tone of the movie being like we saw in this first look, but I don't believe it will be. I think Flash will be a funny character. I think Cyborg will have some jokes in him and the dynamic between him and Flash will be very energetic and fun. I think Batman and Aquaman are going to be the serious and focused ones who don't joke around much. It's what the Justice League always has been; it's a group of extraordinary people brought together for extraordinary purposes. They're friends, they're going to be friendly with each other. It's just hard to go from Dark Knight Returns to Justice League. We're going from DC's darkest to some of DC's lighter stuff. I definitely think they saw the reception to BvS and they're heading in a direction more people would enjoy, but I also believe that it was going to happen regardless. Regardless of what people say, I don't think Man of Steel was a dark movie. It was serious, but it wasn't dark. People see MOS and BvS and think that every movie will be this way. Suicide Squad was filmed before Batman v Superman came out. The tone of the movie is based on the characters and what suits them best. Justice League is going to bring out something different in Batman that we haven't seen before. He's a different person when he's on his own than he is with friends. Batman is darker and more brutal than he Batman and Robin. He isn't alone, he has a family again. Characters growing and changing is important and I think we'll see a lot of that very soon.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:46 PM   #142
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
As big as Marvel is and always has been, my generation didn't grow up watching the Avengers. We grew up watching Batman and the Justice League and because of that there's a certain level of expectations and nostalgia that need to be met. I really loved the Justice League footage. It made me very emotional to see them together like that. I'd be perfectly happy with the tone of the movie being like we saw in this first look, but I don't believe it will be.
That right there is the saving grace and ace in the hole that WB has overlooked but may very well, as it has to date, save this IP. I think I have a few years on you but as an 80's kid the Marvel characters were almost obscure to the GA compared to the big DC ones save Spider-man and to a far lesser extent the Hulk.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 01:27 PM   #143
Parallax
Nightwing

Hulk had popularity because of the Lou Ferrigno show. I know my dad was a big Hulk fan because of that. Everyone I know from his generation is more into Marvel than DC actually. I still don't think DC is in trouble though. Suicide Squad looks like it'll be a crowd pleaser to everyone except those who are determined to hate it. Wonder Woman looks phenomenal. I think we have two successful movies coming up and that'll do good for those who were turned off by Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. I think the movie we don't need to worry about in the slightest is Batman. I've said it since Ben Affleck was cast as the character, if he (and he is going to) directs Batman, it'll be DC's most succesful movie to date.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:45 PM   #144
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I don't know that this film will be good but I thought the footage we saw was a significant departure from what we have seen to date. There was literally more levity, color and light in that clip than the preceding two films combined. In that regard it will be different than BvS IMHO.
I didn't have to much issue with the tone of BvS. I'm more nervous about the script and casting choices. I should have geeked out seeing all these characters sharing the screen but I just didn't. I'm still very hopeful that I'll like it.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:18 PM   #145
Parallax
Nightwing

Justice League teaser made with the animated JL theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42uE5_RIJkA
Old 08-24-2016, 12:41 PM   #146
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Concept artist George Evangelista created the following piece of cool fan art....

Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:00 PM   #147
Parallax
Nightwing

Zack Snyder tweeted out a picture of Batman's tactical suit. I'm very disappointed with this. The suit in Batman v Superman was as close to perfection as I could have hoped for with a live action Batman. I hate the tactical armored looks used in The Dark Knight Trilogy and I hate that they're going back to something similar.

Old 09-14-2016, 03:12 PM   #148
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Couldn't it be that he needs this specific suit for something in the film? Or do you think this will be his look throughout? I hope we get Snowsuit Batman at some point.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:43 PM   #149
Parallax
Nightwing

It looks like all they did was slap on some shoulder pads and goggles.

Old 09-14-2016, 03:49 PM   #150
SONICobra
Batman

looks very "jim lee new 52" - not a fan, actually dont really care for the other new suit either. im with you the bvs suit was pretty much perfect
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote