Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-14-2015, 02:11 PM   #11
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I decided to give this show a shot, mainly because its from the same people who do american horror story and I love american horror story. I watched all the episodes from the season so far, except the one that just aired last night, ill watch that tonight

its definitely not ground breaking, but its fun to just turn your mind off and enjoy it for what it is without taking it seriously. Before I could decide if I liked the show or not it did get me hooked in the plot so ill keep watching and see how the season goes!
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 04:18 PM   #12
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I decided to give this show a shot, mainly because its from the same people who do american horror story and I love american horror story. I watched all the episodes from the season so far, except the one that just aired last night, ill watch that tonight

its definitely not ground breaking, but its fun to just turn your mind off and enjoy it for what it is without taking it seriously. Before I could decide if I liked the show or not it did get me hooked in the plot so ill keep watching and see how the season goes!
I agree, don't go looking for plot holes or writer error here, it's all for a laugh. Like the Scary Movie films. And they definitely seem to be trying to poke fun at just about every type of person out there.

I do like whodunnits and this one has been a lot of fun in that category, although the most recent episode may have revealed all!
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:01 PM   #13
strife87
Spider-Ham

I just tuned in to check this show out, I'm sorry I found this show very entertaining. It's bad, but some of the dialogue was pretty humorous and I plan on checking out more of it. I've only watched the pilot so far, going the rest is as entertaining.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:48 PM   #14
johnclone
The Enchantress

I loved every episode so far, and the most recent I think was the best one. This is a dark comedy, with a great deal of emphasis on the comedy. A lot of the jokes are for mature audiences and could be considered tasteless. Yes, it has thriller/chiller moments, but the bottom line is prepare to laugh your butt off if you can stand the crudeness. Also I enjoy trying to figure out the mystery of who the killers are.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:57 PM   #15
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
I just tuned in to check this show out, I'm sorry I found this show very entertaining. It's bad, but some of the dialogue was pretty humorous and I plan on checking out more of it. I've only watched the pilot so far, going the rest is as entertaining.
The pilot sets up a lot of backstory and character introduction so at times it seems slow paced. I think the other episodes are just as entertaining or more. I'm starting to wonder if this isn't going to be a one season and done show. Reason being, I expect this season's mystery to be all revealed by the final episode. So if there were a next season, it would have to be a brand new killer, brand new plot. I guess that could happen, I'd wonder though if they could capture the same formula again.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:40 PM   #16
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

the latest episode with spin the bottle was hilarious i was LMAO the whole time, I came for the horror but im staying for the humour...plus the actress that plays chanel is pretty easy on the eyes thats for sure!
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:09 PM   #17
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
The pilot sets up a lot of backstory and character introduction so at times it seems slow paced. I think the other episodes are just as entertaining or more. I'm starting to wonder if this isn't going to be a one season and done show. Reason being, I expect this season's mystery to be all revealed by the final episode. So if there were a next season, it would have to be a brand new killer, brand new plot. I guess that could happen, I'd wonder though if they could capture the same formula again.
Yeah, I checked out the the first five episodes that night, they really are funny, the humor is a bit crude, but the character portrayals are meant to be funny and with that they did a fantastic job, I'm hooked and will watch them all. Really love chanels dialogue and the Chad radwell character is ridiculously over the top, I've enjoyed every episode so far.

I'm expecting it all to be revealed as well, I think it would start to drag if they don't wrap it up, but there's always a way to make it continue like any horror franchise, be it a copycat out something we didn't know about from the beginning, another backstory coming to light, or like you said, maybe a different college with different killer, there's lots of possibilities...

I'd like to see them keep the same writers if they go that direction, hopefully they can make it work with a new cast. Either way,I would give it a chance to grab my attention.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:27 PM   #18
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
Yeah, I checked out the the first five episodes that night, they really are funny, the humor is a bit crude, but the character portrayals are meant to be funny and with that they did a fantastic job, I'm hooked and will watch them all. Really love chanels dialogue and the Chad radwell character is ridiculously over the top, I've enjoyed every episode so far.

I'm expecting it all to be revealed as well, I think it would start to drag if they don't wrap it up, but there's always a way to make it continue like any horror franchise, be it a copycat out something we didn't know about from the beginning, another backstory coming to light, or like you said, maybe a different college with different killer, there's lots of possibilities...

I'd like to see them keep the same writers if they go that direction, hopefully they can make it work with a new cast. Either way,I would give it a chance to grab my attention.
Every scene with him in it is hysterical. The guy's so funny to watch and his wardrobe is even perfect for the character. I'd never seen the actor before, but I hope he gets a lot of comedic roles in the future.

"Are we going to miss the sluttiest night of the year, out of FEAR?"
Old 10-23-2015, 01:40 AM   #19
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Every scene with him in it is hysterical. The guy's so funny to watch and his wardrobe is even perfect for the character. I'd never seen the actor before, but I hope he gets a lot of comedic roles in the future.

"Are we going to miss the sluttiest night of the year, out of FEAR?"
Lol, yeah he owns this role, just SO conceited it's amazing, I really believe his character thinking he's the universe's gift to all, can't wait for the next episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
the latest episode with spin the bottle was hilarious i was LMAO the whole time, I came for the horror but im staying for the humour...plus the actress that plays chanel is pretty easy on the eyes thats for sure!
You said it, I never imagined this show was so funny, I'm in for the season.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:34 PM   #20
johnclone
The Enchantress

Not much Chad in this week's show, but he did have a very funny scene where instead of complimenting Chanel he complimented himself and made sexual remarks towards her that were pretty amusing.

There were some other funny moments, but not as much as in some other episodes. This week really focused on the story.

The story is really moving forward now, but there's still one masked red devil that they have not revealed the identity of. We do know for sure that it is not a certain character that you might have thought was under the mask. I won't say who that is because that might spoil the show for someone who is not caught up, but this week's episode definitely ruled that character out.

It will be bittersweet to see this season end, because so far not hearing anything about a season 2, so this may be a one season deal. But I'm excited about getting to the bottom of the story and seeing how this all ends.

EDIT: I did a little research.

Ryan Murphy reveals the concept for season two of the Fox comedy ... Fox's upcoming Scream Queens will be an anthology with a twist.

Alright, alright, alright. Looks like there will be a season 2.
Now to find out what an anthology is.

EDIT: More research.

Some interesting info tidbits:

Chanel #3 actress Billie Lourd is the daughter of Carrie Fisher. Now we can understand the whole earmuffs thing.
Chad Radwell has two brothers, Thad and Brad. That should be hilarious.