Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-26-2016, 04:33 PM   #101
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Which other rehashes? Venom and Carnage? They were much needed.

This is the first true 1/4 PF Venom and Carnage sideshow has ever done. We haven't had a good Goblin PF since, well, ever. These pieces were great to see. All we have to compare are the old comiquettes.

I'm saying this piece totally does not go with the other pieces. We have this set of characters that appear to be in the middle of a crazy chase scene full of pumpkin bombs, smoke, and crashing ridges...then there's black cat who's jumping around with a bag. I think this is a good looking piece, don't get me wrong. But it does NOT go with what's happening around her whatsoever.

Also SS has given us the PF (with the safe), the comiquette, and the J Scott Campell piece. Now another PF...for freakin' Black Cat.

This kind of seems like overkill for this character, no? Am I wrong? Is she a huge character that people are really into and I'm too dumb to notice? What am I missing here, because I seem to be missing something.

I'd just really like a single Dock Ock statue by SS at some point ever. Like, just one. What about the first Electro 1/4 scale made ever? Even Vulture whos the worst character ever made in the history of terrible characters. Remember that great Sandman PF SS made? Nope? Lizard? No? Me neither. Kraven? Mysterio? Nope.

I'm not seeing what I'm saying as hypocritical at all but maybe it is. You get to pick.

I think SS is on the verge of something awesome. I don't want it sidetracked with bewbs like the batman line. it concerns me very mucho.

Sucka Foo

Yeah, you are justified in your lament, but I think that Sideshow has finally got it, and will be pumping out many more long overdue characters for this line. I mean when, if ever, has Sideshow released so many themed characters in such a rapid pace? Never. I think that they finally heard all the screaming & moaning, and are following XM's lead. Surprises are in store, I'm sure.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 04:33 PM   #102
Vracula
Jedi Order

I really like the sculpt, except for the marshmallow puff at the bottom.

Too bad I have zero interest in the character.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 04:38 PM   #103
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

As much as I like the outfit, I think this is one statue I might send out to have some custom work done on it. I think I would prefer if the fur on the top of her boots and ends of her forearms was white instead of black. I did a quick mock up with just the arm to see what it would look like:

I think I like it better than the black fur and I don't think it would be a very expensive job.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 04:38 PM   #104
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Also SS has given us the PF (with the safe), the comiquette, and the J Scott Campell piece. Now another PF...for freakin' Black Cat.
LOL don't forget the Black Cat LSB.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 04:41 PM   #105
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
To me she doesn't fit into this frenetic chase scene, GG, Venom and Carnage are trying to kill Spidey while Black cat skips along into the scene with a stolen bag of loot and a casual expression on her face, she looks great as a stand alone piece though.

Now please bring on Doc Ock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky View Post
i am dying for Doc ock SONICobra !

Edit just saw the post above, we arn't alone ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
Looks ok...wish this entire line wasn't repeats, though...how about a Doctor Octopus?
That's what I'm talking about.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:06 PM   #106
Spam Filter
The Herculoids

I think I like the other Black Cat PF better, I just don't like this costume at all.
Spam Filter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:10 PM   #107
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spam Filter View Post
I think I like the other Black Cat PF better, I just don't like this costume at all.
Me too. The only thing that wasn't so hot on that one was the face was a tad manly. But, it probably could have looked a bit better with a repaint.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:16 PM   #108
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thankfully another easy pass for me. I'm more of a villain/creature collector so continue waiting. Glad to see that we are at least seeing plenty of Spidey love and maybe more of the bad guys get made.
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:20 PM   #109
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

havent see this costume before, but will still get this, think its gorgeous,, XM will be too costly
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:21 PM   #110
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Actually, now that I look at it, the yellow just looks out of place with the white cuffs. I think I would have to go with white and get rid of the yellow on her costume as well.

While I do like Sideshow's version, this is just a bit more classic Black Cat for me. Its looking like this will be my very first custom job.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote