Blackberry Storm 1 33.33%
Samsung Omnia 1 33.33%
Other 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
Chapter 2099
U talkin' to me?

Need Advice: Blackberry Storm or Samsung Omnia

To make a long story short, I'm upgrading my phone through Verizon Wireless, and I want some opinions on which phone you would upgrade to: the Blackberry Storm or the Samsung Omnia. I'm going to the Verizon Store Saturday, so chime in with your thoughts now!

Both phones look like they can "hold their own," but I would like if some of you could weigh in with "pros and cons" of both, so I know exactly what I'm getting into. I've been looking at the Verizon website and comparing stats, but honestly, I don't fully understand a lot of what I'm reading. If you own either one of these, please post comments.

If there's another Verizon phone that you feel is comparable or more superior (but similar in price,) please post those options as well.

Thanks! I greatly appreciate it!!!

(And of course, there's a poll! )
Chapter 2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:55 PM   #2
Indy_Yoda
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

My company just switched to the storm. I have only been using it for about a week so there is alot I havent messed with yet. Overall I like it. Texting and replying to emails is very easy with the full touch screen keyboard. I never liked using the blackberrys with the full keyboard of tiny keys. My biggest compliant is the mute button. They made the mute button very large and it is touch screen so when you are on a call if the phone touches your face you will mute the person you are talking to without knowing. I have done that a few times now. Also the camera on it takes pretty crappy pics. Its not something I use so its not a big deal for me. Other than than that I like pretty much everything about this phone so far.
Indy_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:55 PM   #3
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Dont know with personal exp, but my brothers company had major problems with the blackberry. He is a IT for a major auditing firm, and everyone wanted the blackberry. About 80% of the people returned them since it was trouble for their work flow and not user friendly as they thought it was gonna be.

But thats about all i know of the two.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:05 PM   #4
Chapter 2099
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_Yoda View Post
My company just switched to the storm. I have only been using it for about a week so there is alot I havent messed with yet. Overall I like it. Texting and replying to emails is very easy with the full touch screen keyboard. I never liked using the blackberrys with the full keyboard of tiny keys. My biggest compliant is the mute button. They made the mute button very large and it is touch screen so when you are on a call if the phone touches your face you will mute the person you are talking to without knowing. I have done that a few times now. Also the camera on it takes pretty crappy pics. Its not something I use so its not a big deal for me. Other than than that I like pretty much everything about this phone so far.
The one thing about the Omnia is that its camera is 5 MP, which I thought was impressive.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:06 PM   #5
Chapter 2099
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Dont know with personal exp, but my brothers company had major problems with the blackberry. He is a IT for a major auditing firm, and everyone wanted the blackberry. About 80% of the people returned them since it was trouble for their work flow and not user friendly as they thought it was gonna be.

But thats about all i know of the two.
Have you heard anything about Verizon adopting the iPhone this summer? Another board member told me that and now I'm wondering about that selection as well.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #6
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter 2099 View Post
Have you heard anything about Verizon adopting the iPhone this summer? Another board member told me that and now I'm wondering about that selection as well.
ya rumors is that may happen and there is also possibilities of buying a iphone outright. Like $600 to $300 etc.... So many rumors and talks about it, its only a matter of time before apple just makes phones for everyone.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:14 PM   #7
Chapter 2099
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
ya rumors is that may happen and there is also possibilities of buying a iphone outright. Like $600 to $300 etc.... So many rumors and talks about it, its only a matter of time before apple just makes phones for everyone.
Do you think its worth the wait though? I mean it seems like there's ALWAYS some upgrade coming out just as you buy a new phone. I can wait until summer (if that's when it comes out on Verizon), but then I'm sure someone even more magnificent will be out by New Years. Do you see my point? What do you think?
Old 03-26-2009, 05:16 PM   #8
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter 2099 View Post
Do you think its worth the wait though? I mean it seems like there's ALWAYS some upgrade coming out just as you buy a new phone. I can wait until summer (if that's when it comes out on Verizon), but then I'm sure someone even more magnificent will be out by New Years. Do you see my point? What do you think?
Up to you, depends on what you do with a phone. I dont need all the bells and whistles, texting etc... so i have a razor thats $40 a month. Suits me fine which is why i didnt get a iphone. Tis why i have a itouch for my music and portfolio to bring with me where ever i go.

But if you want all the stuff that comes with it. go for the one you will do the most with. Wether its talking on it all the time, texting etc....
Old 03-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #9
Chapter 2099
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Up to you, depends on what you do with a phone. I dont need all the bells and whistles, texting etc... so i have a razor thats $40 a month. Suits me fine which is why i didnt get a iphone. Tis why i have a itouch for my music and portfolio to bring with me where ever i go.

But if you want all the stuff that comes with it. go for the one you will do the most with. Wether its talking on it all the time, texting etc....
Honestly, I don't do much any of that. I'm just caught up in this "cool" PDA/Smart Phone crazy right now and don't mind spending the extra money.

That's why I had to start a thread. I would like to be able to go online and surf with my phone though, even post on these boards here with a phone. (I've never owned a phone a could.) Which of the two would you go with in that case?
Old 03-26-2009, 05:51 PM   #10
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

I am thinking about holding out, altough the storm has a buy one get one free offer that I can get for my wife but she is not very responsible with phones so I am giving it a second thoughtl
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote