Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 04-03-2009, 10:07 AM   #11
Krypton Knight
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I'm getting to the end of my experience with braces. i've had them on for 15 months now and have really had no problem with them at all. My orthodontist has determined that I've been progressing ahead of schedule and will get them off early.

Originally I wanted to go with Invisiline but I wasn't a candidate for them, so i had to go with standard brackets, clear on the top teeth and steel on the bottom. The only thing I've hated about the whole thing s have to keep picking food out from between the brackets.
Krypton Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #12
protector2814
Phoenix

My 15 year old is still sporting her retainer. She's almost made it. She used to change the wire color on hers to go with whatever holiday was comin' up. Black and orange for Halloween looked cool.
I hated the silver clunkers I wore back in the late 70's. I remember cutting mine out with wire cutters at one point. My ortho followed me out to the elevator yelling at me. I finally relented and painfully finished my sentence.
Funny thing, my kid has the same doctor. I still can't stand him.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:38 PM   #13
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

I remember when I was a kid and got them on. Orthodontist used a stinkin' hammer to put the braces on. Hurt like hell too. Now they use a UV light to cure the bond.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:53 PM   #14
DC_Universe_Grl
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I had braces on the tops only for 6 years, it took forever, I had alot of baby teeth that would not come down and I had to have a bite plate too. 6 years is just wayyy too long, but the tops are still straight!
DC_Universe_Grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:04 AM   #15
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_Universe_Grl View Post
I had braces on the tops only for 6 years, it took forever, I had alot of baby teeth that would not come down and I had to have a bite plate too. 6 years is just wayyy too long, but the tops are still straight!
6 years???

Thankfully I only had mine for about 15 months but it was murder on my gums when playing sports. Thankfully they never got stuck to the gums like some of the horror stories on here but it did get bloody. And I still remember that sensation in the first few days of biting down on metal every time I had to chew.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:54 PM   #16
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
6 years???

Thankfully I only had mine for about 15 months but it was murder on my gums when playing sports. Thankfully they never got stuck to the gums like some of the horror stories on here but it did get bloody. And I still remember that sensation in the first few days of biting down on metal every time I had to chew.
Dude, I had to quit wrestling because of braces. I don't know how many times I got my mouth cut open from them and I almost choked on the mouth guard the dentist gave me.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote