Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 04-05-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
sadfhorde
Doh!

Question regarding glass cube displays

Hello all,

I have accumulated some statues over the past year, though I've always displayed them in the open, without any protection from dust, debris, etc.

I did a search for the many available display cases and glass cubes online, and right now I am leaning heavily towards the glass panels sold by S & L store fixture:

http://www.slstoredisplays.com/cat-4...ss%20Cubes.htm

I noticed that there have been threads regarding this product, however, since most of my statues are Sideshow Premium Formats, I require something along the lines of at least 18" in height. The max cube size is 16"x16". At the bottom of this site, there are tempered shelves that start from 24" in length, and I was wondering if anyone has ever used these instead of the regular tempered glass for the sides of the display cubes due to the extra clearance they would provide.

Also, are these tempered shelves clear like the tempered glass, or are they frost/opaque?

Any info is much appreciated. Thanks!
sadfhorde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:20 AM   #2
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

I am not a fan of these, but other members here are .
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:18 AM   #3
Jesse321
Galactus

I have the 16X16X16 cubes, and I just ordered another 8 cube set for my personal pieces, and this is the same place that ordered mine from. They're fantastic in that they allow you custom form different shapes.

I don't have the 24 inch displays but my LCS uses them, and they don't seem to have any problems with them.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote