Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 09-30-2019, 01:47 PM   #1
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Insurance

I just recently moved and have both collectibles insurance and renters insurance. I was switching my address with both and when talking to my renters insurance I had asked how much covers collectibles and they told none. I was a little surprised because I thought that they provided some coverage for collectible but they do not. (I also realized that I needed to increase the amount of my coverage for my rental insurance as well.)

I know the topic of insurance comes up every now and then but to me this is always something good to be on top of because some insurance might not cover stuff. Better to be aware of it now before needing to use the insurance and finding out there is none to cover comics, statues, artwork, etc.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 01:53 PM   #2
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Yep. always a good idea to have collectible insurance if you have a decent sized collection. I was surprised as well my Homeowners didn't cover very much if any.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:11 PM   #3
stone eagle
Justice League

Even if they say they cover types of things like collectables, electronics, photography equipment etc. you need to see what their limit is for each category. Sometimes they limit it to some low figure like $300 per category. Usually you can buy a rider to increase the limits but of course you will pay more for it...You should also check for coverage on natural disasters such as flood, earthquake or fire damage not just vandalism or theft.
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:45 PM   #4
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Collectinsure.com

Been with them going on 10 years. 3 breakage claims and each one covered with no issue. These 3 claims were for statues easily found on eBay so value was easy to show. With all the customs out I’m not sure how a claim would go.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:51 PM   #5
mmk123

That is who I have as well- have not had a need to file a claim (thank goodness) but they were very nice and helpful when I set up my account and when I had to change my address

That is the thing there is not guide for some pieces so we would have to go by EBay
Old 11-19-2019, 12:16 PM   #6
gingalore
Kindly Asked To Leave

I didn't understand if you were asking for any advice in your post, but I think that insurance is needed at all times, especially when you are moving to the new place.
gingalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 12:39 PM   #7
mmk123

I wasn’t asking for advice but I was just stating the need for insurance because there are some people who might have homeowners insurance or renters insurance but I was shocked that my renters insurance did not cover one piece of my collectibles.