Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 05-30-2019, 08:16 PM   #111
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowToLitho101 View Post
Holy ---- that's a lot for arthas. My big arthas was 350 dollars at hobby lobby, I didnt get the most expensive frame im sure, but holy ----. I got normal mat and museum glass. Was your guyses the ftame the most expensive? My frame was 180 I think.
The Arthas quote isn't broken down but the frame is called Pewter Ornate Scoop #10854758 at Michaels. The matte is Blueberry... LOL
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 12:38 AM   #112
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Jesus, it only cost me $1,100 to do my three. Custom frames, border, matte & UV acrylic. I don’t have Michaels or Hobby Lobby in my area. Jo-Ann Fabrics is the closest and mom and pop framers. I thought I was paying out the wazoo. These are worth it though.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 12:39 AM   #113
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

I like the simple white on white matting shown on the c&b advertisements but I don't want to be boring. Dammit! Lol. Michael's is a joke man...that's why I didn't even bother going to that sale. Knew it wasn't going to blow my socks off
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:00 AM   #114
twstd
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechWestern View Post
frames are always more expensive than the prints for this type of stuff, always...

unless you want to throw your print into some POS frame from the soccer mom section of Target...
I got the exact same frame and matting as C&B has on their site for $100 CAD. If it costed more than the print I'd choose soccer mom from Michaels all day. If you want to throw away money on a frame you do you bud.

For anyone who's interested in not tossing their money in the garbage just google your area for custom framing, it doesn't have to be expensive.

And don't fall into the buzz word trap of UV/museum/whatever else, this is literally a $100 piece of paper with a cool image of a video game character. This is not an original piece of art.
twstd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:14 AM   #115
twstd
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookBeck View Post
Unfortunately our prints are so affordable that the frame often really does make up most of the price of a wall art piece.
No offence but they're really not.

If you guys went with less "high end" printing techniques and paper, you'd sell a lot more.

The majority of people arn't going to care about the materials or techniques used, they just want a cool image on their wall of their favorite video games. Plus add the cost of framing and the cheaper the print, the more they will buy.

You've sold only 5/100 of your Dragon Shout print. If it was cheaper, I'd but it in a heartbeat.

This whole hobby of collectibles revolves around nostalgia and limited editions. You're competing with everything and anything pop culture collectible, not just art prints, so your product has to be worth the asking price to the buyer. This forum here, is a tiny minority of people who will spend a lot on large prints and expensive prints with UV protection. But the majority don't care about that stuff, just the cost.

You guys really care about the art of printing, and that comes through, but as a customer I don't. Then again maybe you're just trying to attract a certain type of customer, and that's cool too.
twstd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 12:19 PM   #116
HowToLitho101
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twstd View Post
No offence but they're really not.

If you guys went with less "high end" printing techniques and paper, you'd sell a lot more.

The majority of people arn't going to care about the materials or techniques used, they just want a cool image on their wall of their favorite video games. Plus add the cost of framing and the cheaper the print, the more they will buy.

You've sold only 5/100 of your Dragon Shout print. If it was cheaper, I'd but it in a heartbeat.

This whole hobby of collectibles revolves around nostalgia and limited editions. You're competing with everything and anything pop culture collectible, not just art prints, so your product has to be worth the asking price to the buyer. This forum here, is a tiny minority of people who will spend a lot on large prints and expensive prints with UV protection. But the majority don't care about that stuff, just the cost.

You guys really care about the art of printing, and that comes through, but as a customer I don't. Then again maybe you're just trying to attract a certain type of customer, and that's cool too.
They seem to be a company for more quality for more intense fans of games and I love that. I could go buy a bunch of prints, canvases, and other ---- from ebay for 20 dollars, there is an abundance of options too, but me and im sure others don't want that, we like the quality. You are right that the majority of people could care less about the UV protection, paper, and ink used etc, but others do, like people on this forum and other enthusiasts. I'm glad we will now have a high quality option of prints to buy from and not just from the gear.store for Blizzards IP's. I myself would never buy the ebay prints made by someone at home lol
HowToLitho101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 07:32 PM   #117
M United
The Spirit

Most prints are of cheaper materials its nice to have an options of high end Blizzard prints.
M United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:16 PM   #118
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

I love that these are higher quality and therefore higher price. I would never ever buy a random Ebay print for $15. Licensed and quality only for me
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 06:29 PM   #119
CookBeck
Fantastic Four

Cook and Becker is an art company focused on a niche of enthusiasts. We (I'm one of the founders) started the company because we ourselves were looking for digital art and video game art prints of a higher quality than what was, and is out there. Something that you can hang between art photography prints or something like a James Jean or Murakami print.

There are enough companies catering to the pop culture mass market, but we've never been interested in that really because that customer base is well catered for, but we focus instead on a niche of collectors that prize quality and craftsmanship and that want an art piece that is as close to the artists' intention as possible (which is why we proof everything with the studio art teams).

It is also part of our mission to have 'entertainment art' be part of the wider contemporary art landscape and not have it pigeon- holed in the pop culture niche only. We participate in contemporary museum shows around the world for instance. No museum is going to buy a $25 dollar offset printed litho with a big video game logo underneath. So there is a quality benchmark we need and want to hit for that. Video game companies are not great at the preservation of their heritage and we feel that our prints can help with that. I'm also very proud that in many video game studios the art they have on their wall is produced by Cook and Becker. And more and more studios are approaching us to do a high-end series. We just did one for Riot Games (that sold out in hour or so at $99 price point).

Part of our customer base may not care about all of the above but even so, you'll see once you bought one of our prints, it is very hard to go back to something with less quality
CookBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:13 PM   #120
M United
The Spirit

Any Game of Thrones prints planned?
M United is offline   Reply With Quote