Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-23-2023, 03:17 PM   #1
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Prime 1 shipment stuck in customs due to form 5106

Has anyone here received a request from a major shipper asking for form 5106? Prime 1 sent and item that is currently stuck in customs and I?m being asked to fill out a form that requires my SS number and basically saying I?m a business that wants to import goods into the US. Anyone have this issue?
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 03:56 PM   #2
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Never...and I live in FL too. Contact P1
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 04:13 PM   #3
bladou20
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
Has anyone here received a request from a major shipper asking for form 5106? Prime 1 sent and item that is currently stuck in customs and I?m being asked to fill out a form that requires my SS number and basically saying I?m a business that wants to import goods into the US. Anyone have this issue?
If you did the expedited shipping you will have to do this. It is a new policy for them. I don't know the specifics of it, except that Prime 1 only does this for the expedited shipping. They take care of it for the standard shipping.
bladou20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 04:13 PM   #4
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
Lookup Batman Statue Collector where he and others discuss their experience with this issue.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 04:17 PM   #5
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

Yes, with my Predator bust. Contact prime 1. It basically fell on me to fill out and pay $56.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6151.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	164959
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 07:00 PM   #6
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladou20 View Post
If you did the expedited shipping you will have to do this. It is a new policy for them. I don't know the specifics of it, except that Prime 1 only does this for the expedited shipping. They take care of it for the standard shipping.
Good info everyone?I always do standard shipping so it?s kinda strange I get this all of a sudden. I?ll see what Prime 1 says about this.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 08:16 PM   #7
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladou20 View Post
it's NOT a policy from them. Sideshow has implemented this already months ago (for anyone that orders from outside of US). It's a roulette, sometimes I get asked for this when ordering something from abroad, sometimes I don't from any business out there. It's the new reality. When asked in the local Revenue office, I was told that since I'm importing something I need to apply for a special number that's going to be used on the forms. So folks - in the future, be prepared that this might happen to ANY product you order from anyplace in the world. It's crap, I know, but it is, what it is...
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 10:30 PM   #8
bladou20
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
it's NOT a policy from them. Sideshow has implemented this already months ago (for anyone that orders from outside of US). It's a roulette, sometimes I get asked for this when ordering something from abroad, sometimes I don't from any business out there. It's the new reality. When asked in the local Revenue office, I was told that since I'm importing something I need to apply for a special number that's going to be used on the forms. So folks - in the future, be prepared that this might happen to ANY product you order from anyplace in the world. It's crap, I know, but it is, what it is...
I've heard that collectors from outside the U.S have always had to do this. They do specifically state on their new site that they take care of the customs form for items shipped using standard shipping. I ordered something after the policy was implemented by them and did not have to fill out any forms. The item arrived in early August with no issue. For the OP, I also live in FL.
I did get a message from them about it initially. I contacted customer support and was told that it was a glitch.

EDIT- This is what they say about the economy shipping:
"While it may take a while to arrive, one benefit of this shipping method is that we can cover customs taxes. "

Last edited by bladou20; 09-23-2023 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Clarity
bladou20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 08:55 PM   #9
Davidian
Omega Flight

I had this happen to me when I had an item that was over $2k in value shipped from Japan. Never had to deal with that before so it was kind of annoying. Filled out the form and they released my package. Later I got a bill in the mail from US Customs/FedEx of $43.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 01:03 AM   #10
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
I had this happen to me when I had an item that was over $2k in value shipped from Japan. Never had to deal with that before so it was kind of annoying. Filled out the form and they released my package. Later I got a bill in the mail from US Customs/FedEx of $43.
43 dollars!!!!....that's it....Oh man you guys would hate europe then.
I would have to pay around $460+ for an item that is valued at $2K
Americans are so effing lucky they don't even realize it, here in Europe the government taxes us to death, every single item from outside of the EU we need to pay taxes for.
I received an email yesterday about a parcel which is valued at 18 euros right, I have to to 17,11 euros in import tax and fees....(european logic)
Sewage taxes, water taxes, road taxes, garbage taxes,If you finally pay off a home...that's it...?....HELL NO you then need to pay TAXES!
You got a job...well then say goodybye to HALF of your paycheck to the government each month ....the list is ENDLESS.
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote