Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 09-02-2006, 02:53 PM   #11
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I do like the stylistic approach to the design, but of course SS is a vastly superior sculpt in detail and paint - in fact I love the Thing on that piece! However, I think this piece gels better in some respects, in particular if that orb is part of the sculpt, as I think the 'transparent' effect on the exclusive ruins the beauty of the Sue Storm sculpt on the SS piece, it just looks lame IMO.

Reed and Sue look great on the SS diorama, as well as Johnny and Ben, so if I find it cheap, Ill pick it up, but theres a lot more SS products higher up on the list before I pick the F4 up.
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 08:49 AM   #12
tuv1305
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Well the site's I've seen with this piece up for sale all list it as a "motion globe" so I would have to assume that she does indeed have a glass bubble around her. The only other option would be for there to be a glass globe that goes over all of them and was left off for picture purposes, but that would make hers a globe within a globe, which is kind of goofy.

Anyways, I think it's a pretty nice piece, I like pretty much everything about it except Reed's face seeming a little off. I'll probably wait and try and catch this one on clearance.
tuv1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:45 PM   #13
risingstar
Jedi Order

Where are the Thing's underoos?
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:20 PM   #14
CombustedGremlin
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

THIS is what I'm talkin' about. You need full size characters......not cheapened half-sculpts of the fantastic 3 and 1/2. If there were any piece I'd get of the 4, it would be this one. I think the pose is pretty dynamic. Yes...Reed does look kinda goofy, but the statue comes together better than the Sideshow version, IMO.

I was really disappointed by the way SS got our hopes up in the preview pic. If you recall, everybody was talking about what the base might be for the piece and not one person predicted a legless Thing. It's just not right!!! This DST version shows off the best features of all the characters. Thing for his sheer brute strength, ol' Stretcho impersonating Stretch Armstrong, Human Torch in his flamingness, and Suzy in the orb. Very cool stuff. Now if only I could scrounge up some money to get it.
CombustedGremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:52 PM   #15
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombustedGremlin
THIS is what I'm talkin' about. You need full size characters......not cheapened half-sculpts of the fantastic 3 and 1/2.
That's funny.
I was sooooooooooo disappointed when I saw the whole picture of SS ver. The Thing looks so very freaking awesome, only it has been cut in half...
But I would like a Thing bust like that...
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:09 PM   #16
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I must be in the minority, but I wasn't really disappointed with the SS Fantastic Four piece. I like it and ordered it. But I admit a fullsize Thing in the sculpt would be even more cool.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:27 PM   #17
Jerseydevil
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Yeah, I know this has a kind of animated look to it, but truth be told- I kind of like it. I wonder what the price point on this will be.
Jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:24 PM   #18
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningSon
Please don't tell me that this is a snow-globe piece!!! AAARRRGGG damn you Mr. S Globe!!!
Don't know if it'll be a "snow" globe, but something for sure is this piece was designed to be a globe product, my assumption is either it'll be a snow globe, or it'll be a glass globe that filled with liquid...
Too bad that I never interest in any globe products, cuz you never know if it'll come with a monster size bubble inside, and at the moment, you'll wish they have never made this thing as a freaking globe....
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:55 AM   #19
tuv1305
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseydevil
Yeah, I know this has a kind of animated look to it, but truth be told- I kind of like it. I wonder what the price point on this will be.

So far the cheapest I've seen is roughly $128
tuv1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:21 PM   #20
Mastermold
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

I don't like either one, DST's or SS's.
Mastermold is offline   Reply With Quote