whd
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by modus View Post
Terry Moore's Echo The Complete Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pulento View Post
Intresting.. what is it about?
It's a cool sci-fi story about woman who has a living liquid metal that bonds with her. Throw in some government conspiracy and a few friends running for their lives. A complete tale with a solid ending.
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #32
psycho shark
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Just picked up and reading "the strange talent of Luther Strode" - about halfway through and am having a lot of fun with it so far. Would reccomend it to any action junkie!
psycho shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:39 PM   #33
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Fantastic Four #605. After being critical of Hickman's run he goes ahead and writes a stunning done-in-one issue that beautifully captures Reed and Ben's love for each other. Could have been a Mark Waid issue.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:20 AM   #34
dccowen
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Just read Morrison and Jae Lee's Fantastic Four: 1234, and Spider-man: Blue, one of the best Loeb and Sale projects ever put to print.
dccowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:29 AM   #35
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dccowen View Post
Just read Morrison and Jae Lee's Fantastic Four: 1234, and Spider-man: Blue, one of the best Loeb and Sale projects ever put to print.
Agree. Spider-Man: Blue is a fantastic read. Something really special about how the tone captures Peter's post-Gwen emotional state.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:44 AM   #36
Peter-Vell
a marvelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Fantastic Four #605. After being critical of Hickman's run he goes ahead and writes a stunning done-in-one issue that beautifully captures Reed and Ben's love for each other. Could have been a Mark Waid issue.
His Iron Man is good too...
Strangely enough, as much as he completely missed to capture the essence of Thor, he seems to grasp Iron Man fairly well. For isntance, in one issue, Tony comes up against Namor. The hot-headed Atlantean proceeds to kick his a$$ (as it should), until Tony comes up with a plan, and douses him in pollutants. I'm a huge Namor fan, but this is a defeat I can live with; Tony is simply smarter. It was an elegant solution, and uses the character's abilities as they should....(Unlike Bendis, for instance!)
Peter-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #37
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter-Vell View Post
His Iron Man is good too...
Strangely enough, as much as he completely missed to capture the essence of Thor, he seems to grasp Iron Man fairly well. For isntance, in one issue, Tony comes up against Namor. The hot-headed Atlantean proceeds to kick his a$$ (as it should), until Tony comes up with a plan, and douses him in pollutants. I'm a huge Namor fan, but this is a defeat I can live with; Tony is simply smarter. It was an elegant solution, and uses the character's abilities as they should....(Unlike Bendis, for instance!)
Are you referring to Hickman or Fraction. Fraction's writing both Iron Man and Thor, but my post was about Hickman's FF.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #38
rychehitman
Galactus

Joe...that Reed and Ben moment was so damn good! I was glad I was cutting onions when I read it
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #39
psycho shark
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
I really enjoyed this ish as well - really everything about it was great.
psycho shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:43 AM   #40
Peter-Vell
a marvelite

Quote:
Are you referring to Hickman or Fraction. Fraction's writing both Iron Man and Thor, but my post was about Hickman's FF.
Oops, my bad!
You are right, ofcourse!
I was talking about Fraction, while you where talking about Hickman...Sorry. Sometimes I get the writers mixed-up.
Peter-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote