Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 09-13-2011, 12:27 PM   #51
jetgrob
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I emailed Arahom and he got right back to me in a couple of minutes. He said that he made the AP's months before the factory started making them and he didn't know the factory would engineer the shipping to have the head sent separate, but there is only one box.

Here is the factory shipping layout

I think the A/P is different in that the head is glued on, the sword is already glued to the base, the helmet is all one piece, and the necklace is not separate at all. I stand by my earlier solution that I would cut the styrofoam as necessary to make it work and then surround with wrap and filler for further safe packing.
How did you get one with a top, since his web site only has the nude version?
jetgrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #52
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
I can see how a person could feel that way. I don't know if you bought an A/P or not so I am not speaking about you or anyone else but myself.

For me I feel like I knew what I was getting when I bought her and knew it was more like the old time garage kits where very few are made and you just don't get the commercial style box and packaging.

Another example, although this really was a kit, was the Wm Paquet Decimator. I loved this and bought it as a kit and had it painted. Obviously no box. But then SS picked it up and sold it with two variants, one with a head and the other with a shield. Had I known I would have waited and bought the statue but I also know that without the support of the garage or kit industry maybe a lot of the stuff that I like might never get done at all. It is different than major comic book characters, IMO.

I have never had an issue with Arahom or ARH in customer service and they have always been good to me and responded to me. It surprises me that some others have had the opposite experience and I don't know why that would be but I am not privy to the entire situations so I can't say.
Sorry, T, but I think it's reeeeally reaching to attempt to compare these pieces, which sold as prepainted statues, to garage kits. I don't think these pieces resemble garage kits at all and they were never once advertised as such. These are no different than any other statue out there that is advertised as a statue. Most statues do require some assembly just the same as ARH pieces, but they are never referred to as garage kits.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:14 PM   #53
Kane009
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgrob View Post
A bra is included. But it's really a shame to cover this!

dechirico: With this AP, you have really an UNIQUE statue. Not one of thousand, which look all identical.
I also have some kits, which have been painted in an individual manner. This makes a statue really unique.
I can't understand why you wants to sell this piece of art!
Kane009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:26 PM   #54
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgrob View Post
That pic isn't of mine. I have an A/P nude. That was the pic that Arahom forwarded to me that showed the packing layout for the regular version that was made in China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Sorry, T, but I think it's reeeeally reaching to attempt to compare these pieces, which sold as prepainted statues, to garage kits. I don't think these pieces resemble garage kits at all and they were never once advertised as such. These are no different than any other statue out there that is advertised as a statue. Most statues do require some assembly just the same as ARH pieces, but they are never referred to as garage kits.
Yes they were sold as statues but as produced here in a totally seperate run in a mold made by Arahom, AP's painted by Arahom, and delivered months before others were available AND with free shipping, even outside the states.

The difference between this and most production statues is with most statues that have A/P or exclusive versions they are still basically produced by the factory in the same way and mayb just painted differently or with an extra interchangeable of some sort. I did not mean to imply that these were sold as garage kits, they weren't, I meant that they are like garage kits in that a small run was done in a small studio prior to sending the original for a larger factory. Arahom had no way of knowing how they would engineer the statue and produce packaging so he couldn't get us perfect boxes for our AP's. I wasn't saying everyone has to be fine with it, just that this is pretty much what I expected when I ordered it and I personally am not at all disappointed, that's all.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:16 PM   #55
dechirico7
The Flash

Ok, so ARH refused to do a white outfit Cleopatra, even when people that bought the AP begged for one, So what do they do for the Sideshow exclusive....release a white one.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:40 PM   #56
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Ok, so ARH refused to do a white outfit Cleopatra, even when people that bought the AP begged for one, So what do they do for the Sideshow exclusive....release a white one.
The Sideshow AP is silver. The reason he wouldn't do a white version is because he is doing an Isis and she will be white and they will look fairly similar. I remember that discussion in the AP thread. I REALLY wanted him to go with Egyptian Blue but I couldn't get him to go for it. Everyone else wanted gold or black (since they couldn't have white). JediDon was kind enough to photo shop one in Egyptian blue for me. It would have looked like this

Old 09-22-2011, 10:56 PM   #57
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
The Sideshow AP is silver. The reason he wouldn't do a white version is because he is doing an Isis and she will be white and they will look fairly similar. I remember that discussion in the AP thread. I REALLY wanted him to go with Egyptian Blue but I couldn't get him to go for it. Everyone else wanted gold or black (since they couldn't have white). JediDon was kind enough to photo shop one in Egyptian blue for me. It would have looked like this

Weird, cause the listing on Sideshow's site says "white."
"The Sideshow Exclusive version of the Cleopatra Statue includes a unique feature available nowhere else: Variant color scheme featuring white dress and white cat"

But I can see where you get silver, she does look silver from the photos.

I just remember them saying that they wouldn't do a white version because Athena would be white.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:59 PM   #58
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Weird, cause the listing on Sideshow's site says "white."
"The Sideshow Exclusive version of the Cleopatra Statue includes a unique feature available nowhere else: Variant color scheme featuring white dress and white cat"

I just remember them saying that they wouldn't do a white version because Athena would be white.
It says white? I was just looking at the pics on the sideshow site and it looks silver to me. Was it Athena? I thought he wouldn't do white because Isis was going to be white for sure. Do you like my blue or do you hate it like everyone else seemed to?
Old 09-22-2011, 11:00 PM   #59
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
JediDon was kind enough to photo shop one in Egyptian blue for me. It would have looked like this
That blue one is very striking.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:17 PM   #60
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
It says white? I was just looking at the pics on the sideshow site and it looks silver to me. Was it Athena? I thought he wouldn't do white because Isis was going to be white for sure. Do you like my blue or do you hate it like everyone else seemed to?
Yeah, I agree, it does look more silver than white.
I am pretty sure it was Athena who was supposed to be white, she does have a white skirt and Athena was after Cleo. Arahom made reference that the piece after Cleo was going to be white.

I think the blue is gorgeous. If I would have known you wanted a blue version, I could have made you one out of mine. I only ended up getting $180 for my Cleo on ebay.