Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 09-12-2011, 07:16 PM   #41
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pain View Post
So basically, those who bought APs are still screwed out of proper packaging. That sucks.
I guess that's true as far as it goes but I think it is a little harsh.

When Cleo was going to be produced Arahom asked if there were 10 or so people that would order and pay up front in order to finance the full production. It was more like the garage kits back when you would get them in a small, unlabeled box, with styrofoam peanuts for packaging. Those of us (and I was one) who preordered it got a personal paint job from Arahom, early delivery, and we helped make sure the project was done. That is why I ordered one. I really want this kind of statue to be made.

Arahom had no way of knowing when he made the APs that the factory would engineer to break up the statues at these particular spots (i.e. removiing the head for example) and so couldn't forsee how to make the AP production box compatable.

Now that he is bigger and doesn't need to do these small AP runs to finance full production I don't think this will be an issue again.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:12 PM   #42
dechirico7
The Flash

Well, I cut the edges of the foam out around her head and feet, it might work. But I still can't get the base apart.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:52 PM   #43
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I emailed Arahom and he got right back to me in a couple of minutes. He said that he made the AP's months before the factory started making them and he didn't know the factory would engineer the shipping to have the head sent separate, but there is only one box.

Here is the factory shipping layout

I think the A/P is different in that the head is glued on, the sword is already glued to the base, the helmet is all one piece, and the necklace is not separate at all. I stand by my earlier solution that I would cut the styrofoam as necessary to make it work and then surround with wrap and filler for further safe packing.
Looks like even with cutting away the foam, she still may not even fit. Her head might be either right on the edge of the foam or outside it even. She wouldn't be too well protected in such an event. Have you fitted her yet to see if it's possible?
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:54 PM   #44
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Looks like even with cutting away the foam, she still may not even fit. Her head might be either right on the edge of the foam or outside it even. She wouldn't be too well protected in such an event. Have you fitted her yet to see if it's possible?
I layed mine on the stryrofoam and from the bottom of the peg on her foot to the top of her head is almost exactly the height of the styrofoam. I don't think her head needs a lot of protection but yeah, she would have almost none.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:57 PM   #45
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
I layed mine on the stryrofoam and from the bottom of the peg on her foot to the top of her head is almost exactly the height of the styrofoam. I don't think her head needs a lot of protection but yeah, she would have almost none.
Huh. That's a shame.
Reckon I'd better get busy seeing if my AP Leo will fit his protective foam.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #46
dechirico7
The Flash

LMAO
I just looked at my foam again and I have no cut-out for my cat, it was missed. It makes me want to "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Old 09-12-2011, 10:03 PM   #47
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Huh. That's a shame.
Reckon I'd better get busy seeing if my AP Leo will fit his protective foam.
Leo may be different.

As I said, the Cleo APs were more like the old garage kits in that the AP was made as a very small run with no intention of really having a special box or at least no specific design for a box while Leo was made with an initial expected run much higher, like 500 I think. But I don't own 1/4 Leo so I can't say.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:15 AM   #48
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
I guess that's true as far as it goes but I think it is a little harsh.

When Cleo was going to be produced Arahom asked if there were 10 or so people that would order and pay up front in order to finance the full production. It was more like the garage kits back when you would get them in a small, unlabeled box, with styrofoam peanuts for packaging. Those of us (and I was one) who preordered it got a personal paint job from Arahom, early delivery, and we helped make sure the project was done. That is why I ordered one. I really want this kind of statue to be made.

Arahom had no way of knowing when he made the APs that the factory would engineer to break up the statues at these particular spots (i.e. removiing the head for example) and so couldn't forsee how to make the AP production box compatable.

Now that he is bigger and doesn't need to do these small AP runs to finance full production I don't think this will be an issue again.
Ok so he's basically screwed the 10 people who helped him get the 1/4 Cleo and perhaps the 1/4 line off the ground.
IMO he should find a way to fix it. Take care of your customers. The least he could do is get 10 new styrofoam shells and custom cut them to fit the APs.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:03 AM   #49
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Ok so he's basically screwed the 10 people who helped him get the 1/4 Cleo and perhaps the 1/4 line off the ground.
IMO he should find a way to fix it. Take care of your customers. The least he could do is get 10 new styrofoam shells and custom cut them to fit the APs.
Some communication would have been great. I've emailed him back and forth quite a few times.
Why not mention that my AP would need to be broken apart to fit in the box. Or just come out and
say that there is really no reason to have the box, since it isn't going to work.

I sold my Cleo AP on ebay over a week ago. I've sent two invoices to the buyer and he hasn't paid yet.
I have a feeling he is a member of this forum and knows all the drama that I am going through with this piece.
I kind of doubt the sale is going to happen. I even took a $100 loss on her.

Well I guess I have learned my lesson. Never try to help a company out.

From the attitude that Arahom and Averone are displaying on other forums, I wouldn't say they are
too concerned about their customers, but more about the dollar. Very pushy, which I don't really care for.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #50
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
I can see how a person could feel that way. I don't know if you bought an A/P or not so I am not speaking about you or anyone else but myself.

For me I feel like I knew what I was getting when I bought her and knew it was more like the old time garage kits where very few are made and you just don't get the commercial style box and packaging.

Another example, although this really was a kit, was the Wm Paquet Decimator. I loved this and bought it as a kit and had it painted. Obviously no box. But then SS picked it up and sold it with two variants, one with a head and the other with a shield. Had I known I would have waited and bought the statue but I also know that without the support of the garage or kit industry maybe a lot of the stuff that I like might never get done at all. It is different than major comic book characters, IMO.

I have never had an issue with Arahom or ARH in customer service and they have always been good to me and responded to me. It surprises me that some others have had the opposite experience and I don't know why that would be but I am not privy to the entire situations so I can't say.