Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-21-2018, 11:57 PM   #131
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by off View Post
Yep, I still can't bring myself to see Solo. TLJ has just about ruined all Star Wars for me.
You should see it. I felt the same but actually enjoyed it more than expected. Ron Howard and Lawrence Kasdsn were involved so it has some nice scenes and the actors actually have chemistry too.
It’s a lot better than Last Jedi trash for sure.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:18 AM   #132
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
You should see it. I felt the same but actually enjoyed it more than expected. Ron Howard and Lawrence Kasdsn were involved so it has some nice scenes and the actors actually have chemistry too.
It’s a lot better than Last Jedi trash for sure.
You sell it well!

Will probably watch it on HBO or the like, Im still too raw.

The wounds have not healed.

Lol
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 04:30 AM   #133
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
No one wants the same stories over and over again. Anyone who thinks fans are complaining about something "new" are confusing new with bad. Everyone wants new stories, but they must be entertaining as well.

As for the characters, if they're going to make a big deal about Luke, Leia and Han coming back, then give us Luke, Leia and Han, in a new, good story. Giving us pale versions of these characters, within the context of boring, unoriginal stories, along with boring, annoying new characters, is recipe for disaster REGARDLESS of the franchise.

Nobody wants the same stories redone in a mediocre way. That's the problem with episode 7.

They even went and made a lame clone of Tatooine. For what?? Why didn't they just use the famous and beloved Planet. Did we really need a generic sand desert planet?

A turd, that's what that movie was.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:33 PM   #134
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
If this was true people would of been sick of Star Trek Next Generation after a few episodes and it went on for seven years.... An average of 24 episodes a year at 45 mins per episode, that's 18 hours of Star Trek a year compared to Star Wars 2.5 hours a year..
You are not comparing a TV series that people can sit on their arse at home and watch for free vs a movie where people have to go out and spend their hard earned on, or chose to wait 4 months and watch that same movie for free on their arse at home?

... seriously?
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:41 PM   #135
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
You are not comparing a TV series that people can sit on their arse at home and watch for free vs a movie where people have to go out and spend their hard earned on, or chose to wait 4 months and watch that same movie for free on their arse at home?

... seriously?
Last I checked a $120 a month cable bill is not exactly free.

The way I took your argument was watching to many movies within a franchise (during a short period of time) gives you fatigue regardless if the movie is bad or good. Now your saying that's only if you pay $8 for a ticket? So if all these Star Wars movies were direct to TV there would be no fatigue and they would all be popular?

Imo when it comes to movies, either the movie is entertaining or it's not. If you have a franchise and you keep releasing bad to meh movies then people will lose interest in the franchise and move on to something else. If on the other hand you keep releasing winners (IE: Marvel) then the franchise can stay strong for a long time.

I'm not saying that fatigue doesn't play a part but if you keep releasing really good movies fatigue is going to be very minimal regardless of the time between movie releases.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:16 PM   #136
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post

... seriously?
Not sure what point you're trying to make. The Last Jedi is a terrible movie, no matter if one pays to watch it or saw it for free.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:08 AM   #137
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Not sure what point you're trying to make. The Last Jedi is a terrible movie, no matter if one pays to watch it or saw it for free.
I think I forgot what exactly we were arguing about

I believe his argument for the Solo movie doing bad was they're releasing the movies to close to each other, were my argument was the TLJ pissed off so many fans with a horrible story most refused to go see the Solo movie out of protest in an attempt to get Disney to replace Kennedy as President of Lucasfilms...

Will find out with Episode IX, if it also bombs at the box office I think Disney has no choice but to let Kennedy go.

Just a guess and speculation....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:17 AM   #138
off
The X-Men

I think it's a mix of both, for me anyway. I didn't see Solo because TLJ was so bad and I just didn't want to deal with another bad Star Wars movie.

It might be fatigue but if people were glowing about Solo like Rogue One, I would have been there in a heartbeat.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:19 AM   #139
off
The X-Men

I also have Marvel fatigue. I know I'm the extreme minority but I didn't like Infinity War at all. For me, the story was too convoluted, the fight scenes dragged on endlessly and I was just kind of bored through the entire thing.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:28 AM   #140
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I think I forgot what exactly we were arguing about

I believe his argument for the Solo movie doing bad was they're releasing the movies to close to each other, were my argument was the TLJ pissed off so many fans with a horrible story most refused to go see the Solo movie out of protest in an attempt to get Disney to replace Kennedy as President of Lucasfilms...

Will find out with Episode IX, if it also bombs at the box office I think Disney has no choice but to let Kennedy go.

Just a guess and speculation....
I'm not watching any more Star Wars movies in theaters. Hated ESB, hated Episodes 2 & 3, hated TFA, hated Rogue One. Really only liked RoJ and Episode 1. (ANH was okay.) No desire to see So Low.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote