Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-03-2019, 02:15 PM   #791
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
Hope for in-hand pics soon. When I found a display spot it will be him or the P1 Optimus.
Chris
I think P1 for me. The shipping alone makes the decision. Spec Fiction is charging $550 to $625 to NA. I get their hands are tied on this but it makes my decision easy. Especially since I think the P1 is outstanding and I like the pose a bit better. I also own the IA Optimus (large scale) which I really like. In a perfect world I would own them all but thats just not in the cards. I will say I'm looking hard and the XM Megatron and Bumblebee. I actually think they would pair well with the P1 Optimus and Soundwave. Nevertheless congrats to all who got this. It's an excellent piece!!!!
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 06:45 PM   #792
slynger
Hellboy

There's a short video on FB showing this in 1 box? I thought this was 2 boxes? 1 box would be great!
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 04:21 AM   #793
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
There's a short video on FB showing this in 1 box? I thought this was 2 boxes? 1 box would be great!
Yes it´s one box now.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 09:53 AM   #794
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I helped a buddy unbox this statue over the weekend and it's absolutely incredible. The only thing I didn't like was the use of the little LR44 batteries for all of the light ups(and there are many). I'd rather have an AC plug in for that.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 04:07 PM   #795
chaggs1
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I helped a buddy unbox this statue over the weekend and it's absolutely incredible. The only thing I didn't like was the use of the little LR44 batteries for all of the light ups(and there are many). I'd rather have an AC plug in for that.
Do you think it should have come with less pieces and already attached so like the legs and body attached?

I think in my opinion less things to go wrong
chaggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 11:32 PM   #796
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaggs1 View Post
Do you think it should have come with less pieces and already attached so like the legs and body attached?

I think the way they have it is done so as to eliminate the need for 2 boxes. Plus it will be easier to manage smaller pieces instead of 1 bigger piece. Have you ever tried dealing with the Darkness base? Its humongous and you have to be careful. This seems like it is broken down pretty well and should not be hard to put together.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 01:03 AM   #797
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
IA Optimus’s body came in 1 big piece and there were a few broken statues. Usually a snap in one of the legs/torso. All that empty styrofoam space and a careless mail carrier is all it takes.

P1 Shockwave was 79 pieces. I couldn’t see something like that coming in less pieces without some kind of damage. Plus you’d end up in the hospital trying to put him together. All 4 boxes combined weighed over 200lbs. Matrix Studios Shockwave came in 8 pieces and was a mess. Mine had 5 broken pieces unpacked.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:13 AM   #798
Retroheavy
Doh!

Just received and fulfilled my shipping notice from Spec Fiction. Only 470 to the midwest, I thought it was going to be closer to 600 so I'm really happy with the final price. What a crazy ride its been.
Retroheavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:01 AM   #799
Racetrack
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I'm not sure what's more shocking. That you helped someone or that you have a buddy. Always pictured you as the lord of darkness who keeps his own council
Racetrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 11:52 AM   #800
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:

My buddy is a massive Transformers fan. He loves all of the switchouts, but it was a bit of a daunting task to unbox it. I think when it's broken down like this it's actually better, as the other guys have mentioned. We were mostly annoyed with the watch batteries. I wish XM would have done the lights the way Sideshow did them with the Sentinel Maquette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
I'm not sure what's more shocking. That you helped someone or that you have a buddy. Always pictured you as the lord of darkness who keeps his own council
It was an off day for me. lol
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote