Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-27-2018, 06:40 PM   #2021
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Based on these 2 pics I have from YouTube, the contrast appears to be there and it seems to be just down to lighting.

Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:43 PM   #2022
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
I saw your post. Did they delete it afterwards cause I got an email when you posted on FB.

You think they delegated this piece to a worse factory? It's possible. Since they've come out with SO many pieces in this line in such a short order it would seem that they didn't underestimate this line and it was meant to be one of their premiere lines.

But since the first piece to come out doesn't seem to be up to Prime 1's own standards it definitely does make one think otherwise.

P1 is known for tight qc and cloth packaging and this piece failed in both departments it would seem.

I'm loving the source material enough to buy EVERY SINGLE piece in this line including the dioramas but now I question that decision. It's a lot of money in the end and I don't want to suffer through headaches.

Makes me wonder if I should skip Guts for now and just start with the second piece released to see if they learn their lesson.

But then I won't have a plain Guts for my collection unless they revisit him or I pick him up later...
I Don't think they gave this to a worse factory but lets be honest GUTS is not spider-man and the berserk fandom is currently much smaller than many other licences. THIS is the first piece in a line so when they began it I don't SEE how they would have known that the berserk line would have become so popular. The subsequent pieces in the line i do believe they will pay closer attention too because clearly berserk has become on of their better selling lines.

Upon seeing buyer response to GUTS: black swordsman i believe they decided to go FULL IN on berserk which is why they pumped out so many characters in this line.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:54 PM   #2023
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
I Don't think they gave this to a worse factory but lets be honest GUTS is not spider-man and the berserk fandom is currently much smaller than many other licences. THIS is the first piece in a line so when they began it I don't SEE how they would have known that the berserk line would have become so popular. The subsequent pieces in the line i do believe they will pay closer attention too because clearly berserk has become on of their better selling lines.

Upon seeing buyer response to GUTS: black swordsman i believe they decided to go FULL IN on berserk which is why they pumped out so many characters in this line.
Yeah it's definitely moving faster then a lot of their other lines that's for sure.

It would seem many people are voicing their concerns to P1 on Guts and I hope that is proactive to the rest of the statue series.

This line can be great and one of best made if P1 takes the response to heart. Especially if they're getting a lot more people jumping on berserk po's. That'll mean more possible fans to disappoint if things go wrong.

I have Griffith on order and will more than likely order all the rest and I just hope we see some quality releases from this line. It would seem Guts is a great statue that got hit with the packing bug so to speak.

I can foresee this becoming one of P1's flagship lines going forward. After all, sales must be good enough to bring about a diorama line as well.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 08:58 PM   #2024
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
Based on these 2 pics I have from YouTube, the contrast appears to be there and it seems to be just down to lighting.

Maybe on some but not others?
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 01:49 AM   #2025
iguana
Blue Falcon

Send them a mail by the way. For me it's just a big bummer to get such a sloppy made Base (I don't want to badtalk the whole statue). Depends of what they can offer and how the service reacts what I will do with the piece and the line. Even if they was not aware of the popularity of the line it cannot be the reason for such an sloppy work. I wouldn't even expect that from a 300 USD Statue (with smaller scale of course) and they really should react customer pro friendly if they want to keep some of them. With at least four other licenced companies who do Berserk stuff there is much choice now.

Edit: just unbox the other parts and I think I got bending with the sword too, will post pics if there are other issues.
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 05:33 AM   #2026
iguana
Blue Falcon

So I unboxed the rest of my 74/750 Guts and made new pics. I will comment each and would appreciate it if some who already got their statues too can answer me questions.

Pics 1-4: just show some paint issues/chips that popped right into my eye (and no the the first one isn't a reflection in the circle).

Number 5 is interesting cause the metal eyelet won't move, it's a sign that the paint wasn't dry (on the other sword it moves).

Pics 6 and 7: One of the 3 Heads has a paint issue right between the lips, it looks like a teeth but I know it shouldn't belong there, there is just a bit paint missing.

Pics 8-11: You can cleary see that I also have a big bending with the metal rods BUT after attaching it to the swords IMO it's straight, maybe not 100 % but it's enough to not bother me. So I thought about that maybe it were made consciously because to get a right angle to the beast or the cape (for the other sword).

Pics 12-15: Here comes the question to all who already have Guts: Is the Gap of the tree normal? Also it's a bit loose so I thought it shouldn't be like that.

Pics 16-19:

Just a little size comparison with Skeletor 1/4 and Guts BS Gecco/Headlong 1/6.

Pics 20-21:

Should just show you that after attaching the sword the bending isn't obvious.

Last Pic: Just shows you what you would all get (+the arrows).

Yeah some are minor issues like the chips and little other paint issues (I didn't post all) but I just wanted to post them too cause I had also pieces who not had these issues.
So all in all after setting it up it's really a mind blowing center piece, so it even more fret me that some parts were sloppy made.

So in the end these things annoys me the most and I will P1 ask what to do about it:

1. The Base (IMO definitely no weathering effect)
2. The Gap of the Tree (maybe you can answer it also in here)
3. The Head with the "Teeth-Issue")

Another question to all of you: I will box him up again later but I want to know if you would use the wax paper or just leave it away cause If it's true that the wax paper could do damage on the paint then I want to avoid it.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:34 AM   #2027
iguana
Blue Falcon

Old 03-28-2018, 05:34 AM   #2028
iguana
Blue Falcon

Old 03-28-2018, 09:27 AM   #2029
daemerz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I can only say the rod and the tree are like this. my head also looks like yours. its like you are seeing one of the front teeth through the lips or whatever.

I just bought cloth and will wrap the cloth around him. wouldnt use that ----ty wax paper.
daemerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:53 AM   #2030
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemerz View Post
I can only say the rod and the tree are like this. my head also looks like yours. its like you are seeing one of the front teeth through the lips or whatever.

I just bought cloth and will wrap the cloth around him. wouldnt use that ----ty wax paper.
ty for replay mate.

Yeah I talked to others but they said the gap of the tree isn't that bad as mine and they don't have the "teeth-issue". Will have to wait what P1 says about it.