Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-19-2021, 11:43 PM   #31
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
This post couldn't be more incorrect. Tweeterhead's statues, thus far (until the new line) have been mostly stylized and unrealistic. I have many of their 1:6 statues and they are FAR inferior in quality to XM. Yes, they are cheaper, but there is a very good reason for this.

Second, Tweeterhead is NOTORIOUS for copying other statue companies. Their 1:6 Supes was a copy of the OG Superman PF from Sideshow. Their 1:6 GL was a copy of the OG GL PF from Sideshow. Even with their new line, the new 1:6 Superman is just a copy of the 1:3 Iron Studios Superman (without his hand raised). Tweeterhead is in NO WAY original, in fact, they may copy more than any other company out there.

Timely updates? Chad would outright lie about Facebook video times. They'd say they'd show the design process of Hawkgirl and never mentioned it again. They'd promise updates and never deliver them for months at a time.

Finally, their customer service is notoriously bad. The Superman fiasco took years to fix. Robin's statue, with the exclusive base, was sold on an outright lie, revised no less than three times, and they still didn't manage to make good on it with everyone.

TH has some good stuff and competitive pricing, but they are NOT in the same league as XM, as far as quality is concerned, and they have a long way to go before earning my trust back. I refuse to order from them directly, counting on Sideshow to protect me from their bad business practices.
It's a huge stretch to say TH is far inferior to XM, especially with their recent 2.0 stuff. I find the XM Rebirth stuff super hit or miss. Consistently good detailing, but most of them are way too busy and compact.

The pose thing is a weird criticism when even XM pushes back strongly against that idea, arguing that there are only so many museum poses. Especially with Green Lantern (to show off the ring) and Superman (floating). That's not copying. A Batman that's crouched and/or on a gargoyle is not copying. That's one of the iconic poses.

Tweeterhead did have a bunch of timeliness problems in the past but it seems they worked them out and have hit their 9 month PO-to-delivery goal. At least before a worldwide container shortage. I'm also more appreciative of their decision to hold off on pre-orders and announcements while XM decided to drop so many announcements (60+?) it kind of looks like a pyramid scheme.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 11:53 PM   #32
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
It's a huge stretch to say TH is far inferior to XM, especially with their recent 2.0 stuff. I find the XM Rebirth stuff super hit or miss. Consistently good detailing, but most of them are way too busy and compact.

The pose thing is a weird criticism when even XM pushes back strongly against that idea, arguing that there are only so many museum poses. Especially with Green Lantern (to show off the ring) and Superman (floating). That's not copying. A Batman that's crouched and/or on a gargoyle is not copying. That's one of the iconic poses.

Tweeterhead did have a bunch of timeliness problems in the past but it seems they worked them out and have hit their 9 month PO-to-delivery goal. At least before a worldwide container shortage. I'm also more appreciative of their decision to hold off on pre-orders and announcements while XM decided to drop so many announcements (60+?) it kind of looks like a pyramid scheme.
I continue to joke about the potential pyramid scheme with Prime 1 too. They continue to put out announcements for products even though they are sometimes 2-3 years behind on other products.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 12:56 AM   #33
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

All of the new 2.0 pieces TH has done has blown XM's out of the water. Plus, they know how to make pretty females that don't look like expressionless mannequins.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 01:51 AM   #34
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Tweeterhead are notorious for copying other companies? You're talking like they are the only company who does this. I thought Tweeterhead were one of the better ones, when things go wrong they take action to change it. Didn't they send out redone superman bodies a while back due to an issue?
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 06:37 AM   #35
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

In light of this news I really wanna see TH's version of Kyle Rayner.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:02 AM   #36
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

This is actually really awesome and I'm surprised it hasn't been done sooner. I'm going to be a lot more tempted to get the larger characters in 1/6 now when I wouldn't have bought them in 1/4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
This post couldn't be more incorrect. Tweeterhead's statues, thus far (until the new line) have been mostly stylized and unrealistic. I have many of their 1:6 statues and they are FAR inferior in quality to XM. Yes, they are cheaper, but there is a very good reason for this.

Second, Tweeterhead is NOTORIOUS for copying other statue companies. Their 1:6 Supes was a copy of the OG Superman PF from Sideshow. Their 1:6 GL was a copy of the OG GL PF from Sideshow. Even with their new line, the new 1:6 Superman is just a copy of the 1:3 Iron Studios Superman (without his hand raised). Tweeterhead is in NO WAY original, in fact, they may copy more than any other company out there.

Timely updates? Chad would outright lie about Facebook video times. They'd say they'd show the design process of Hawkgirl and never mentioned it again. They'd promise updates and never deliver them for months at a time.

Finally, their customer service is notoriously bad. The Superman fiasco took years to fix. Robin's statue, with the exclusive base, was sold on an outright lie, revised no less than three times, and they still didn't manage to make good on it with everyone.

TH has some good stuff and competitive pricing, but they are NOT in the same league as XM, as far as quality is concerned, and they have a long way to go before earning my trust back. I refuse to order from them directly, counting on Sideshow to protect me from their bad business practices.
Yes you're right. I feel like TH didn't know how to run a statue company efficiently in the early days. Things have certainly improved in the past year. Plus it seems like every new statue is a home run.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:10 AM   #37
tethrox
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Great news! But hoping they get the problems with Shazam and Black Adam worked out soon, and nothing takes priority over them. Been over a year since PO.
tethrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:29 AM   #38
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tethrox View Post
Great news! But hoping they get the problems with Shazam and Black Adam worked out soon, and nothing takes priority over them. Been over a year since PO.
A year is nothing really ....

Look at Doc Ock and the shipping time.

Some are still waiting on a few X-Men pieces that were teased and put on order in 2019!

"Nothing takes priority over them" lol thankfully you're not bias at least
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:46 AM   #39
Zinnk
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tethrox View Post
They have even older pieces in the 1\6 line that haven't been released yet. One example is Cyborg: PO'ed in October 2019; so it's almost two years and I haven't heard anything about it since.

Regarding the whole XM vs TH debacle: my opinion is that XM puts out better pieces, but they are sometimes way to pricey. I mean I like the XM 1/6 Green Lantern, but the price is absurd so I just settled with the TH one which I like as well, and filled that gap in my collection.

It's good to hear that they breathed some new air in the 1\6 line and that's definately going to scratch an itch for collectors (me included) BUT:
- waiting for more than 2 years for a piece that you fully paid for is not cool. I bought a new car this summer, and brought a ton of customisation to it ... they manufacturer delivered it in less than 6 months.
- changing sculpts\color schemes, etc. (see the Catwoman unmasked-portrait "affair") after the PO period ends, is a big no-no. I'll draw a parallel with the car again: if I order a car with android-auto, I expect to receive a car with android-auto; not for the manufacturer to come back to me (after I fully pay the item) and tell me that based on feedback they'll change android-auto with Apple car play!
- communication is still bad. We receive a ton of teasers but very little product updates.
Zinnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 08:22 AM   #40
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Black Adam is in QC, they posted a picture on FB a few weeks back.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote