Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 01-16-2023, 09:12 AM   #401
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hey Fullscale_PCS, are planning on making both Glacius and Cinder, and if so, which Killer Instinct games will they be based on?
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 09:40 AM   #402
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

I'm not paying more than 600 if Fulgore doesn't have LEDs , when the likes of First4Figures continue to churn out great videogame collectibles under 800 dollars with amazing LED integration, let alone just lights for eyes.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 09:48 AM   #403
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullscale_PCS View Post
Fulgores eyes DO NOT light up. They will be translucent red but there is no powered light up feature.
Just to confirm for you samhain81......
Old 01-16-2023, 03:12 PM   #404
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Just to confirm for you samhain81......
Thanks. I know they don't light up. I'm just stating what I'm prepared to pay without that feature as other companies noted, offer so much more for the same price, Including dynamic lighting features.

Without a light up feature, this product is ridiculously simple and as such should not cost more than 600.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 03:19 PM   #405
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I've gotten cold over Fulgore. I have no emotional attachment to KI, or anything manmade for that matter - but generally a fan of Rare, that in another time, like 10-12 years ago, if a company had cranked out the statues at the prices of that time, it would have been a different story.

These things feel so paltry for what you pay for. PCS made some big jumps in their price points in the past year or so. Then the prices stick. What do they expect, that this is still 2008? Sales can only slow down. It's not that I can not afford it, in this particular case, it's just that these prices make it impossible for me to overlook better uses for that money.

Yeah the light up eyes are part of the portrait. The motion blur of Fulgore's eyes and gauntlets, in-game and in the FMV sequences, it's part of the character that shouldn't be left out. LEDs are trivial in cost and practically capable of outliving their owner, but it's the cost in labor/QC whatever that plays into it. Sometimes the beancounters have to strongarm the factories, who get away with a lot of corner cutting.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 08:30 PM   #406
jinkazama
Cobra Command

As Fulgore is my all time favourite Killer Instinct character, i CANNOT WAIT for PCS to put him up for pre order! [especially now that they've decided to include the dark grey version.....]
Old 01-16-2023, 08:48 PM   #407
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

For people that don't get the newsletter...

ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 10:06 PM   #408
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I just don't understand the appeal. Who buys stuff like these gold variants of statues?
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 11:22 PM   #409
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I just don't understand the appeal. Who buys stuff like these gold variants of statues?
Blows my mind too.

I thought the appeal was bigger in Asian markets, but Killer Instinct isn't big in Asian markets, so, seems like an odd fit.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 01:00 AM   #410
jinkazama
Cobra Command

I might be wrong, but I think PCS have made a gold version of Fulgore, as a nod to Killer Instinct Gold on the Nintendo 64.......